Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse caught in a veh with someone having drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrodrigue2

My husbands brother has drugs while they go to work, if they were to get stoped by a police officer and finds drugs on the brother what will happen to my husband I have read something about the law guilty by association will this apply to my husband as well?

Your husband might get charged with possession if the drugs are stored in a place where he could access them or if the police can make the case that your brother is part of some sort of drug activity. What if his brother drops them in his car if they get stopped by the police? What if your husband is with his brother when he buys or sells the drugs?

Your husband puts his freedom on the line every time he knowingly accompanies his dope holding brother.

If I were to make such a traffic stop and found the drugs anywhere in the vehicle other than in the pockets or personal property of the brother, then I would be taking both of them to a jail. They can try to explain to a jury who the drugs belong to.
The brother can claim it is his all he wants to, but if it's not in his pocket I'm not gonna buy his story.
Your husband simply needs to stop allowing his bother to use or transport drugs in his vehicle.

mrodrigue2 said:
My husbands brother has drugs while they go to work, if they were to get stoped by a police officer and finds drugs on the brother what will happen to my husband I have read something about the law guilty by association will this apply to my husband as well?

There is no guilt by association in our country. In fact, that is specifically prohibted by the constitution.

But, if someone is regularly transporting illegal drugs and you have knowledge of that act, you're investing in your own incarceration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back