Car damaged while repaired by autoglass shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsJulia

The glass on my car needed to be replaced due to violent damage the night before. I brought the car to a neighboring autoglass shop. They said that they needed to order the part, but that I could leave the car there overnight and pick it up in the morning, already fixed.
Next morning, I picked up the car and there was a brand new dent on a bumper. The dent was very fresh. The car was damaged while it was in the shop's possession. When I pointed at the dent, the owner accused me of lying and said they had nothing to do with it.
I filed the police report immediately and took pictures.
The question is what are my chances to actually prove that the shop damaged the car and have them pay for repair?
If that matters, the car is a BMW 325xi in very good condition. There is no other history of such incidents that I have.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The problem you have is proving the dent happened while at the shop. You can sue them in small claims, this is not a criminal issue but the burden of proof is on you.

Try small claims.

Advice- always take pictures of the entire car, inside and out, before taking it to any mechanic or storage.

Believe me, I learned my lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back