can my wife meet my ex for visitation if I have to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvstexas

I have a business trip coming up in a few weeks which will keep me away for 4 nights. These trips are seldom. I have full custody of my son and my wife is in charge while I'm gone. (she has lived with him for most of his life by the way.)

She will be taking him to his mother for her weekday (T, Th) visitation while Im away.

I just want to make sure this is ok... my ex loves to find any reason to cause legal trouble and it's mostly because she is jealous of the relationship we all have together and my son really loves his stepmom. (My wife has no issues with my ex...my ex just hates her because it makes her feel better. :yes:)

I just want to make sure she can't go run to the courts and have grounds for contempt charges because I did not physically drop him off and pick him up this week....yes, she's petty like that. Ive reviewed my papers,I think we're ok but i just thought I'd ask here for some advice....thanks!

It really depends on how your order is worded. If it says that you will provide transportation to NCP for visitation, then you're probably okay. If it says that you will drop off and pick up, then she may have grounds to file, although it may not result in a finding of contempt.

I'm assuming that there is no 'right of first refusal' provision.

It actually says she is responsible for pick up and drop off. But to make things easier on everyone, we just meet at a designated halfway meeting spot. I realize this is not something I need to do but with traffic and the location of my son's school, it makes more sense logistically to just meet up somewhere than have her come all the way to our home...(and possibly cause a scene.)

Since I was awarded full legal custody, she stops at nothing to make all our lives miserable. She's jealous of my marriage and my son's relationship with my wife which is healthy considering all we've been through. I follow the custody order to the letter even through she skips out her visitation frequently.
I just don't want to leave for work and come home to something crazy. I find myself having to stay 2 or 3 steps ahead of her at all times. Thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back