Can I sue my husband's ex-lover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisadlonely

My husband cheated on me 1998 , they initially met on the internet and had a relationship. I found out 2002 and the found out again that they remained friends and in contact 'til 2007. My husband gave me his password to his e-mail account to regain my trust. I logged on and she started conversing(through IMs) with my husband( I posed as my husband). She mentioned about a tape that they made and she wants it burned and destroyed. I told her(again posing as my husband) that I am going to look for it and burn it. In reality, my husband said that it has long been destroyed and gone. Then, on the next conversation with her, I told her that the tape has been destroyed and in return she has to stop communication with my husband. She asked my husband that she wants them to remain friends and when I said NO, she started threatening him about sending him an affidavit regarding the tape.Now, can I also threaten her with a counter-affidavit? If she ever does send him one, can I sue her and for what ground?Please help. She is married and lives in Illinois and we live in Indiana.

My husband cheated on me 1998 , they initially met on the internet and had a relationship. I found out 2002 and the found out again that they remained friends and in contact 'til 2007. My husband gave me his password to his e-mail account to regain my trust. I logged on and she started conversing(through IMs) with my husband( I posed as my husband). She mentioned about a tape that they made and she wants it burned and destroyed. I told her(again posing as my husband) that I am going to look for it and burn it. In reality, my husband said that it has long been destroyed and gone. Then, on the next conversation with her, I told her that the tape has been destroyed and in return she has to stop communication with my husband. She asked my husband that she wants them to remain friends and when I said NO, she started threatening him about sending him an affidavit regarding the tape.Now, can I also threaten her with a counter-affidavit? If she ever does send him one, can I sue her and for what ground?Please help. She is married and lives in Illinois and we live in Indiana.
(1) An affidavit is nothing more than a signed statement by a person swearing the contents of the statement to be true. I don't think this woman knows what she's talking about.

(2) The best advice? Get rid of the husband if he can't stay away from women with whom he cheats on you.

TheLawProfessor is right with both statements.
As for your question, can I sue her and for what ground?
You can bring a law suit against anyone in this country for any reason that an attorney feels is viable enough to file charges about or any charges you can get a clerk of courts to accept. This is one of the many problems with this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back