Can I place my daughter for adoption

M

Momtomany

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
My daughter was taken at the hospital when born a week ago by cps due to our incomplete actions in old cps cases.Can my husband and I place our daughter for adoption to a family friend who has an approved home study in Nc to adopt a child.We know that we will most likely not get our daughter back but don't want her to go through what our older kids endured in cps care and would like for her to be where she can maintain a relationship with her siblings who we signed our rights away too.We truly want our daughter to have the best chance in a loving family.Thanks for all advice and please no judgement we truly want what is best for our daughter

Can my husband and I place our daughter for adoption to a family friend

Probably not. The reason CPS took your daughter was because CPS didn't want your daughter exposed to you and your husband. Adoption by a family friend would defeat that purpose.

You are free to ask CPS if they will allow it but I suspect you'll get the same answer I just gave you.

Doubtful but you can certainly ask CPS.

We are not in contact with these people they are a friend of someone in the family I guess I worded it wrong and our rights haven't been terminated and won't be if we complete all their classes but we don't want her lingering in foster care and would rather her be in a family that can give her full time care unlike cps has already placed her in childcare.We had willingly placed our other children due to being homeless and not having anyone to help us out therefore we was ordered to parenting and some other classes that we didn't complete due to us not being able to get on our feet so we signed our rights up so they could be adopted and not bouncing from home to home!Which unfortunately didn't happen for 2 of the older children and they have since grown shared their horror stories with me about things that happened while in care and I can't bare that another child have to endure that.Also we are at a stable point now this happened 5 years ago and they want us to complete all requirements from the past case and new ones for now along with paying child support and childcare which will make it hard for us to work and complete classes all while our daughter could be in a family who is approved to adopt her and be able to see her siblings.The other party has already agreed that it would be a closed adoption with only contact with the siblings

Why on earth would you make another baby with all that other stuff hanging over your head? Absolutely irresponsible.

Anyway, as has been suggested, you are free to approach CPS with the idea and see how it goes.

Really didn't expect to become pregnant again and didn't come here for judgement either just because we was down on our luck at one point doesn't deem us as bad people I pray some of you never get down on your luck and have to make hard choices!!! Had I chose to live in the streets with my kids I would have been deemed unfit too the system should try to help families not destroy them!!!

Really didn't expect to become pregnant again and didn't come here for judgement either just because we was down on our luck at one point doesn't deem us as bad people I pray some of you never get down on your luck and have to make hard choices!!! Had I chose to live in the streets with my kids I would have been deemed unfit too the system should try to help families not destroy them!!!

Don't expect the system, whoever the hell that might be, the government, the church, anthing, or anyone to help you.

I never expected such help.

Without the expectation of help, I was forced to help myself.

Not a strange concept to me, because that's what my parents pounded into my head as a child.

Knowing that I had to stand on my own two hind legs, I learned to walk, eventually learning to take care of myself.

All I expect these days, is the call from Glory calling me Home.

Where I am at, the answer would be yes. If the family has an approved home study and you have not lost rights to your daughter then you could ask that she be placed with a specific family. The case worker will decide but it is worth asking.

Back