Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Can I get my car back???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrv100

I was pulled over and arressted for possession. I was fully cooperative with the arresting officer, and the next day released on subpeona. This is a first offense, no priors, and I continue to cooperate with the police officer.

The arresting officer is telling me that he intends on having the car seized.

The car does have a lienholder (bank), and I am forced to drive a rental car.

One week later and the police still have my car.

Can I get my car returned? Or should I give up hope.

yes ???? maybe???? No?????

Possibly, how cool is your bank? what do you owe? and what year and type of car? i got my 99 jeep cherokee with 2000 in stereo and 1800 in suspension and tires back, owe 5000 on it. I stopped paying and contacted my bank imediately and ran it to them telling them the dope was planted and that if they could repoe it that id pay all the costs so i ended up paying 1800.00 but that is a different story. costs were a little more cause i owed 3 months on it at 262.00 = 1100.00 and a 300.00 repoe fee and 300'00 storage. however what state are you in? colorado has a coca law and if you have a co signer in most states a co signer has a right to the vehicle also innocent co owners, do. i was caught supposedly , with 14 grams of methamphetimine, and you????? what is yours? John p.s. check on google and so on for search and seizure laws in your state. type your state, search and seizure laws. hope it helps. also search and seizure acts, and innocent co owner rights to vehicle , innocent co owner seizure rights laws etc. that should get you some where. I hope.....

mrv100 said:
I was pulled over and arressted for possession. I was fully cooperative with the arresting officer, and the next day released on subpeona. This is a first offense, no priors, and I continue to cooperate with the police officer.

The arresting officer is telling me that he intends on having the car seized.

The car does have a lienholder (bank), and I am forced to drive a rental car.

One week later and the police still have my car.

Can I get my car returned? Or should I give up hope.

Not being an ass but try this in the future , coperation is your worst enemy the cops will turn your story into a fairy tale. 5 words, i have nothing to say and stick to it can i search ? i have nothing to say, whats your name i have nothing to say, re main silent they usually make more mistakes if you arent cooperative. just some advice.

Still waiting....

I am in Georgia, and there is no co-owner, but there is a lienholder (bank).

I am waiting on word from the ADA on this one, hopefully I will hear today.

Sometimes I wonder if I just should have kept my mouth shut.

same thing happened to me in CA. Got pulled over, charged with possesion and my car was on a 30 day hold impounded at $30 a day plus the $150 to tow it. It happened to my wife in IL. The point of the law is to punish the owner entrusting someone to drive who will have drugs in the car. If like in my case I am the owner with the title, they don't care , I hired a very good lawyer in IL to fight it and lost. I just gave up when it happened in CA and paid the ridicilus fee.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back