Can I get custody of my cousin?

M

Micahlove96

Jurisdiction
Indiana
Recently in the past week my little cousin, who is six, was taken by cps for the third time due to her parents using drugs. I've participated in helping to raise her for part of her life and have been in and out recently due to them living so far away. Now, I'm 19 years old. I work part time. I could easily pass a drug test. Also, I've spent most of my life caring for children. No one else in my family is able to care for her due to disabilities and/or a old offence. I need to know what I can do to get legal custody and make sure this doesn't happen again...

Recently in the past week my little cousin, who is six, was taken by cps for the third time due to her parents using drugs. I've participated in helping to raise her for part of her life and have been in and out recently due to them living so far away. Now, I'm 19 years old. I work part time. I could easily pass a drug test. Also, I've spent most of my life caring for children. No one else in my family is able to care for her due to disabilities and/or a old offence. I need to know what I can do to get legal custody and make sure this doesn't happen again...

Contact CPS, inform the person you contacted that you'd like to foster the child.

The ultimate decision is up to CPS, and without full-time employment, only CPS can say.

Back