can Cys keep my kids from me for being on suboxone?

A

Anggel

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I have recently had my second daughter and had suboxone in my system. The hospital was also providing me the suboxone when cyst asked me to take a drug test, which obviously I was going to fail for suboxone. Cys put me on a safety plan, where an approved person has to supervise me around my kids at all times until I could show them a valid Prescription. I had provided them with a prescription the following day. Cys then said they are going to keep me on the safety plan a bit longer and now need to have an assessment before the kids can go back into my care. Also said that the father would have to pass a drug test and have an assessment done before the case would be dropped. He is also not allowed around them without being supervised, but Cys has never spoken to the father at all and he didn't sign the. Safety plan agreement like I did. He don't even know what is going on, so how. Can they do that to him? Also has a pa address and the girls and I live in Ohio, so what does he have to do with my rights to my children? How can they do this to me. I feel like this is illegal and I should get a Lawyer. I need some. Advice please.

You are free to hire a lawyer.
Heck, CYS in Ohio might even be required to provide one for you.
If you love your kids, don't you want be better for their benefit?
Work the program, get help.
Fix yourself, for your kids.
Otherwise, you know what will happen.

Does he actually live in PA or he just has that address on his driver's license or records? If he's going to be around the kids, then they want to know it's safe for him to be as well as you.

You obviously have an issue with addiction or you wouldn't be on that. So do what CYS says to get your kids back. Like stated you can get a lawyer if you want. That's up to you. But you probably still have to abide by that plan to get your kids back.

Back