can credit card companies sue me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan_B

Hi, I filed chapter 7 in July of 2005, divorce,,etc....anyway, now I am back in debit about $10,000 if I don't pay at all on these cards can the card card companies sue me? I have 5 credit cards, one of them is with Capital one with an interest rate of 28% and i owe $6,000 that's $168 dollar PER MONTH in interest alone. I did call capital one to try to get them to work with me, lower the interest rate etc...they said no?

So can credit card companies sue? if yes how successful in previous case have the credit card companies been in recovering back monies?

please let me know, thanks

They have a contract with you......Ofcourse they have the legal right to sue you. I would suggest contacting a credit crisses managment co to assist you in working a payment plan out with your creditors......

Hi, I filed chapter 7 in July of 2005, divorce,,etc....anyway, now I am back in debit about $10,000 if I don't pay at all on these cards can the card card companies sue me? I have 5 credit cards, one of them is with Capital one with an interest rate of 28% and i owe $6,000 that's $168 dollar PER MONTH in interest alone. I did call capital one to try to get them to work with me, lower the interest rate etc...they said no?

So can credit card companies sue? if yes how successful in previous case have the credit card companies been in recovering back monies?

please let me know, thanks

Yes they can sue, and yes they will win. Lending credit is not legal, but the sheeple let it go by anyway.

I'm not looking at statistics, but taking an educated guess, they probably have a win record well above 90%.

You need to stop using those fake cards, write them a CERTIFIED letter, telling them you cannot pay, you need the interest locked in lower or removed, and cancel the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back