Can a private seller of auto repo if not in default and no written contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

screwedchic

My step mother and father offered to purchase a car on a no intrest credit card for their business. I found the car I wanted to purchase, they bought it from the dealer, I agreed to make payments of $270.00 a month until payed off. Stepmother "Sherry" said she would write up our agreement and neglected to do so, so there is no written agreement. I made payment fo 1.5 years and then some. After a dispute with my sister, they felt I took her side, and 7 days payment cashed they took the car from my driveway, setting the alarm off, and with no notice or reason. Payments were up to date. They say I recieved time of use, and they choose to withdrawl financing and plan to sell the car to another party to pay off their credit card debt. They say they don't intend, under any circumstances, in giving any of my money back, or giving my car back. Is it just me, or is this not right ?? Any suggestions or legal advise is so greatly appreciated

Car Debt; Owner is Deceased

I need some help and really, really quick. A friend of mine's sister passed away last week of a massive heart attack at the young age of 40 :( . Mary's child (a teenage daughter) told my friend David (name is changed) that her mother has always said she wanted David to have the car when and if she passed away, Mary was young but also had a pace maker, so she knew that she probably wouldn't live long. My question is this, is this verbally statement from Mary's daughter good enough or bond, would it stand in court? Can David continue to make payments on the car and not be penalized for it? If anyone knows what the answer is too any of these questions, please let me know ASAP. I thank you in advance for your time!!! :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back