CAN A JUDGE CHANGE A CUSTODY ORDER WITHOUT THE FATHER'S KNOWLEDGE?

MNP0308

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I live in PA, my case is in Dauphin County. I am a father desperately fighting for joint custody of my 8yr. old daughter. I have spent over 15k and am at a loss as to what to do next.
My daughter was molested when she was 3, this is a contentious point as children's services dropped the ball. There is a medical report. The mother denies it, but it happened.
She was molested under her Mother's care. Her mother has made one poor choice after another, from pulling her out of a private school to taking her around a pedophile that molested her (the mother) as a teenager. The mother has broken the custody order over and over and nothing happens.
The play therapist has not done her job and reported things she was Court ordered to report. She is to report my daughter being hit my her maternal grandmother and Mother, she is to report if the parents speak badly of each other. All of this has happened, nothing was reported

I have spent all I have and owe still for a lawyer and cannot afford one. I tried to self represent and that was a disaster. I had legitimate contempt of custody violations against the ex. The Judge would barely allow me to speak, scoffed at my evidence, said a gash was a mere scratch, it went on and on. The Judge did not want to hear 80% of my violations. She was aware I was financially struggling and ordered me to pay for a Wizard for the ex and myself for the first year and into an expensive joint counselor. I told him I could not afford his fees, he told me to borrow the money. I received the order in the mail and my custody was changed without my knowledge or even being told custody was open for discussion. Can a Judge do that without letting me know it was open for discussion. I had joint custody when I was able to move to the school district where my daughter was enrolled. That option was removed and I am now an every other weekend Daddy. I am at a loss. Can a Judge do that?

My daughter cries when I go to take her back to her mothers. She begs not to go, she called me tonight begging me to come and get her. Her mother took the phone and hung it up.I don't know where to turn for help

I have attached a picture of the mere scratch and the other is a scratch.

Attachments

• gash.jpg
    gash.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 3
You can request the record of your custody hearing.
It seems you've had multiple hearings, so request copies of the complete transcript.
The copies will cost a pretty penny.
If its possible to peruse the records online, that might be sufficient, and far more cost effective.

You'll need the records to determine what occurred when, who was served, etc...

You'll be able to answer some of your questions.

I can only say you have three options, one of which you'll quickly discard:

1-Leave things as they are, learn to cope.
2-Educate yourself so you can return "pro se" better prepared to make your case.
3-Hire a better lawyer, who will at least make sure you're heard, rather your issues are litigated.

You can request the record of your custody hearing.
It seems you've had multiple hearings, so request copies of the complete transcript.
The copies will cost a pretty penny.
If its possible to peruse the records online, that might be sufficient, and far more cost effective.

You'll need the records to determine what occurred when, who was served, etc...

You'll be able to answer some of your questions.

I can only say you have three options, one of which you'll quickly discard:

1-Leave things as they are, learn to cope.
2-Educate yourself so you can return "pro se" better prepared to make your case.
3-Hire a better lawyer, who will at least make sure you're heard, rather your issues are litigated.
I am willing to hire a lawyer, 2 issues;
Finding an assertive, aggressive lawyer who can handle her lawyer. He has a reputation for playing hard and unfair and has pulled a couple of good ones on me.
Said lawyer being willing to take payments.
I have had lawyers tell me that they were fighters and we're not.
I do not understand how this all has happened. How the Judge did what she did and it is wrong
Thank you.

I am willing to hire a lawyer, 2 issues;
Finding an assertive, aggressive lawyer who can handle her lawyer. He has a reputation for playing hard and unfair and has pulled a couple of good ones on me.
Said lawyer being willing to take payments.
I have had lawyers tell me that they were fighters and we're not.
I do not understand how this all has happened. How the Judge did what she did and it is wrong
Thank you.

You'll find the HOW buried in the court transcripts and related documents.

As far as good, you'll have to make that call.
You meet with several attorneys recommended by friends and relatives, discuss your issues, listen to the responses.
Evaluate the treatment you received.
I suspect, as with most things in this whacky life, the answers are rarely those we expect to see.

Back