CALIF. TENANT- problem with appt mgr & received a 60day notice terminating tenancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ae4040

Hi...I am a renter in Southern California. I've lived in the same apartmnt for nearly 4 years under a month to month rental agreement. Never had any problems until recently with the new manager. Long story short, I was locked out of my apartment several weeks ago, when I went to the office to have them let me in w/ their spare key they informed me they didn't have one anymore (the old mgr did). they called a locksmith who let me in....a few weeks later I received a msg from the apt mgr saying she needed a spare key. I figured I would make one when I got a chance...today I received another msg from her sayng she had left numerous messages and notices on my door and they need a key immediatly...I called her back and told her I would make one at my conviniece, I didn't feel I should drop everything to do what she wanted when they had dropped the ball on so many occasions. She was very rude, and defensive after I told her I hadn't received any of the numerous notices she claimed to have left and had phone records of only one call prior to today even though she claimed she had left numerous messages. I had attitude w/ her but wasn't entirely rude though she was...she hung up on me. I called the property mgmt office and left a msg saying I was having problems w/my apt mgr. A few hours later I got home from work and found the 60 day notice terminating month-to-month tenancy.

I want to know if what the mgr is doing is legal....it is clear that it is a result of my complaint about her conduct and personal issues w/ me ...I am planning on calling the property mgr tomorrow to discuss this but any legal advice is appreciated...please help. my email is a_e4040@yahoo.com

In the context of terminating your month-to-month tenancy, it is legal I say. Your other assertions like mgr's conduct and personal issues with you can neither be ventilated, at least for this respects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back