Biological Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pookie

I have someone claiming to have had my child. I was notified 1 month before the baby was born that this child was "supposedly mine" by the adoption attorney. She placed the child up for adoption. The adoption lawyer had me sign a release of rights for the adoption and promised DNA testing afterwards. The mother resended within 10 days. The mother of the child does not have the financial means of supporting this child. I feel the best interest of the child would be to the adoptive parents. However, I do not know if this child is mine or not. I was unaware of the pregnancy until the lawyer called me. How does signing the release even though I wasn't sure effect me. What are my chances of having the baby put up for adoption to a good home.

First of all, paternity needs to be established. Please go to your state's child support website about getting a paternity test.

If the baby is yours, you can petition the mother for custody. You cannot force her to give the child to the adoptive parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back