Being accused of false child negligence.

TwoNursesInLove

Jurisdiction
Virginia
My son has received a few issues over the past...4 months maybe?

- Sun burn (it was a mistake that we learned from)
- Stick in leg from hiking (we looked it over, and were with a registered nurse at the time, nothing appeared out of the norm. The dad didn't see a stick in his leg until three days later when it was already infected.)
- Pinky toe stub...(yes, I know, silly, but the dad freaked out over it.) The toe was slightly swollen and red.

So yeah...we FINALLY got a custody order in and signed by the judge, but now this. The custody order is I get him every other weekend, but now because of his stubbed pinky toe, the dad is saying he's not going to bring him to me because of child neglect.

What do I do?

My son has received a few issues over the past...4 months maybe?

- Sun burn (it was a mistake that we learned from)
- Stick in leg from hiking (we looked it over, and were with a registered nurse at the time, nothing appeared out of the norm. The dad didn't see a stick in his leg until three days later when it was already infected.)
- Pinky toe stub...(yes, I know, silly, but the dad freaked out over it.) The toe was slightly swollen and red.

So yeah...we FINALLY got a custody order in and signed by the judge, but now this. The custody order is I get him every other weekend, but now because of his stubbed pinky toe, the dad is saying he's not going to bring him to me because of child neglect.

What do I do?

You need counseling.
Don't allow your hatred of dad to bring adult issues into your child's world.
Stop fighting, make your child happy, even if that means you see him less.
Your situation isn't normal for a child to have to endure.

Both of you are trying to hurt each other by using your child as a weapon.

If that's how you and the dad want to live, that's up to both of you.

Don't hurt your child or use him as weapon or a tool to hurt the other one.

Your child sees this nonsense.
The kid has to live through it.
He can't say how much it hurts.
Put yourself in his place.
He's not dumb, even though he might not fully understand, he knows its abnormal.

Children don't get hurt everyday, nor do they get hurt every weekend.

Have you ever asked why these things allegedly happen when you're watching the kid?

I am not trying to fight with him at all! I have been very passive in this whole ordeal! I just want to see my son, that's all.

Okay, first of all:

The sunburn happened at his birthday party. It honestly slipped my mind to reapply it, and I didn't know he would burn so easily. Ever since, I apply it every hour.

The stick in his leg: we were with a RN, had to drop my son off after the hike. Like I said, washed it and looked at it, didn't see anything. The dad didn't either until 3 days later.

The pinky toe stub...he was at his uncles while I was at work. They applied neosporin to it.

So, I am not sure how I am playing games? I'm not, at all. I'm nothing but civil to him but he constantly makes drama out of nothing. And no, my son doesn't get hurt every other weekend he's with me. And I mean, wow, these are minor issues anyway, I don't know how many times I got hurt as a kid. I'm not going to just confine him to a chair.

I never ever speak ill of my ex around my son. But him? He does it all the time. Practically trying to make the kid hate me. Even though I have done nothing wrong. I'm going to school to be a nurse, I try to spend as much time with my son as I can the weekends I have him. I don't sit around the house and let him play video games, like he does at his dads.

Anyway, trust me, I do not need counseling. I just need the father to stop with the threats and to stop being so overbearing to my son, and trying to make an enemy out of me.

All I want to know is, what do I do if he keeps him from me again? Do I call the police, or what?

Anyway, trust me, I do not need counseling. I just need the father to stop with the threats and to stop being so overbearing to my son, and trying to make an enemy out of me.

All I want to know is, what do I do if he keeps him from me again? Do I call the police, or what?

I don't need to trust you, nor do I need to believe you.

Your child is the one you need to trust and believe you.

The judge is the one you must convince if the order is being violated.

You can't make anyone do anything.
You can only make people regret things they should ave done, sometimes.
Why sometimes?
Because very few people care when you can't actually hurt them.

That said, if the child's father is disobeying the court order, back to court you must go and tell it the judge.

I suggest you NOT return to court for every alleged violation.

Most people allow these violations to pile up, but they document each violation in a journal. maybe in a video, a recording, a witness statement and add that to the collection.

If the violations are persistent, maybe you go back to court every 60 to 90 days.

When you do, you just relate the facts and ask for a reasonable solution.

In this case, when you return to court, you ask that the child exchange be done at a nearby sheriff's station. constable's office, police station, etc...

That way, you will have additional proof if the other party is regularly ignores the court order.

Good luck, and I hope things work out for your child, I really do.

Co Parenting is the hardest part of a Divorce in many cases. You both need to put your anger aside or the child suffers. Read this Co-Parenting Advice For Your Children | Parent Nook You or other parent can bring these issues to court but I can pretty much tell you that the Judge will frown on fact your taking your issues to court rather than acting like adults and putting child first. If you do take it to court I can say you will likely to ordered to parenting classes. If you dont care for counseling you will hate this more. Find a way for you two work out your issues together. Below is a link to a Parenting forum (Hosted by this site) where you can talk to other parents and see how they dealt with their issues with other parent.

You do exactly what you were told last time you posted this scenario. Both parties abide by the order as written. If either party does not, you would file for contempt with the court.

Back