Auto Lease - Title 12 Chapter X Part 1013(l) (Right of Appraisal)

No, it doesn't.

However, people breach contracts and commit crimes all the time and the victim, on his own, rarely has the power necessary to obtain redress.

Nobody is saying you don't have standing to sue or demand arbitration. You certainly do. But if the bank continues to stonewall you, you go ahead and file for arbitration. You don't need a lawyer for that, if you don't want one. You apparently have some experience with arbitration so you might actually be successful in getting the bank's attention.

If the people at the bank ignore your demand for arbitration you'll have to decide what to do next. A lawsuit for $30k is not something for small claims court. It gets very complicated. But if you can navigate the rules, more power to you.

Hi Jack,
I appreciate your response. But Zigner, absolutely was saying I don't have standing. And he/she seems very negative. Its really kind of a strange vibe he gives off. Like, ok, I'm going to help you with one small bit of advise. And if you don't like it and or what some further explanation, I'm going to go all, old man, stay off my grass on you.

But anyway, I digress. This was just the type of response I was looking for. I don't think the lawsuit would be anywhere close to 30k though. The lease car still has value, so it would boil down to what they would allege I would after after they auction it off. But I appreciate the response none the less.

Okay, perhaps these links might offer you additional options or insight:

https://www.usbank.com/dam/document...loans/198303c-end-of-term-brochure-052019.pdf

Servicing your U.S. Bank auto lease

US Bank says:
Before you return the vehicle, call 866-250-3147 to discuss a return time and location.

As you near the end of your lease (three months from lease maturity), a lease consultant will contact you to discuss the below options. We encourage you to visit our Lease Servicing
Servicing your U.S. Bank auto lease
page for additional information including detailed videos to walk through important details to prepare you for the end of your term.

Thank you very much for this information. I do have all of this already and have used that number several times. They even refer me to a so called Asset Reallocation Department, which doesn't have a published number. They tell me the same things. I have no right to an appraisal, its not the law, its not in their contact. And that all I can do is turn in the vehicle and I guess HOPE they auction it off for a high price.

Thank you very much for this information. I do have all of this already and have used that number several times. They even refer me to a so called Asset Reallocation Department, which doesn't have a published number. They tell me the same things. I have no right to an appraisal, its not the law, its not in their contact. And that all I can do is turn in the vehicle and I guess HOPE they auction it off for a high price.

Sometimes in our lives we'll all get caught between a rock and a hard place.

This appears to be one of those times for you, mate.

Play their game using their rulebook, unless you enjoy being abused.

Their pockets are much deeper, lined with more cash than you can imagine.

When that happens, roll over and do as they demand.

Fighting them will only cause you more, NOT LESS, pain.

Rid yourself of the vehicle, avoid leasing during a period of HIGH inflation and wage stagnation.

You only have hypothetical damages.

I would content I have small damages (couple months lease payments with insurance) In addition, there are statutory damages with TILA & OCSPA (Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act) In addition, per OCSPA, once they violate the law, the consumer has the right to null the remainder of the contract. (or lease agreement in this case)

I would content I have small damages (couple months lease payments with insurance) In addition, there are statutory damages with TILA & OCSPA (Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act) In addition, per OCSPA, once they violate the law, the consumer has the right to null the remainder of the contract. (or lease agreement in this case)
See, the problem is that they don't seem to have breached or broken the law at this point. You have not terminated your lease.
Speak to an attorney for further guidance. Really.

Sometimes in our lives we'll all get caught between a rock and a hard place.

This appears to be one of those times for you, mate.

Play their game using their rulebook, unless you enjoy being abused.

Their pockets are much deeper, lined with more cash than you can imagine.

When that happens, roll over and do as they demand.

Fighting them will only cause you more, NOT LESS, pain.

Rid yourself of the vehicle, avoid leasing during a period of HIGH inflation and wage stagnation.

Probably good advise. But I also believe sometimes you got to stand up for what's right. Sometimes there may be an additional price to pay for doing so but at least you know you didn't let people run you over.

Probably good advise. But I also believe sometimes you got to stand up for what's right. Sometimes there may be an additional price to pay for doing so but at least you know you didn't let people run you over.

It goes without me saying, but I'll allow Mr. Kenny Rogers, to say it for me.

Mr. Rogers, hit it!!!!

Back