auto accident

sandra miller

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I was sitting at the red light and it changed the car in front of me went to take off and stopped suddenly and i barley tapped her , and she already had damages to her car , and i had no insurance at the time, and now she is trying to say i did the damages to her car and that she got hurt and i have a witness that saw the whole thing , what can i do

I was sitting at the red light and it changed the car in front

What an amazing light that must have been to be able to change a car!

she already had damages to her car

How do you know? More importantly, how can you prove that any damage was there before you rear ended the other driver's car?

now she is trying to say i did the damages to her car and that she got hurt and i have a witness that saw the whole thing

What does "trying to say" mean?

what can i do

I'm confident you can do lots of things. In this case, one or more of the following will likely happen:

1. You'll negotiate some sort of settlement with the other driver.
2. The other driver will have the damage repaired through her own insurance and her insurer will pursue you for reimbursement.
3. If neither of the above happens, you'll likely get sued and lose.
4. You'll be at risk of having your driver's license suspended because you violated the law requiring you to carry liability insurance.

5. When you do get insurance it will cost you two or three times what it would have cost you before the accident.
6. If you do get sued, you will have to pay your lawyer many thousands of dollars to defend you. Without a lawyer, the claimant can probably hold you up for as much money as she wants. You won't know how to disprove the claimed injury.
7. Once there is a judgment against you, your pay can be garnished, your bank account levied, and a lien could attach to real estate whether you own it now or buy it later. This could go on for 10 to 20 years depending on how long a judgment is good for.

Good luck.

The Green light start and stop scam is real, but you should have insurance. Now you must face the music if you will.

Good luck with it.

Back