Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Arrested for shoplifting in NYC P.L. 165.40

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrasg1

P.l. 165.40 Nyc
I was arrested a few day's ago in NYC for shoplifting. I was fingerprinted, photographed and held in a cell with others for several hours. I was released and issued a DAT with the code 165.40 on it. I am to appear in court in a few weeks.

This is the first time I have ever been arrested in my life. I have no prior record at all.

The security guard at the store is a former NYC Detective. I was told by the security guard that when I go to court I should ask for something called an ACD.

My question is, will I be able to get this offered to me? I just don't want to have to go to jail and have this on my record. I am out of work and this would really hinder any future job applications etc.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks all in advance!

I can't afford an Attorney, so I will most likely be by myself or perhaps a Public Defender. Is it something the Attorney would ask the DA for or would the DA present this as an option? Can this all be done before I see the Judge? Thanks so much for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back