Application lied about…

Timothy Johnson

Jurisdiction
Virginia
I have a roommate that is calling recruiters telling them my application is a lie. I don't have proof he is doing it but know through an anonymous source and the fact that he has gone through my emails.

Anybody know how I can go about getting proof?

I also forgot to state that the recruiter reach out initially stating I would be a good fit, to then turn around two days later saying they are moving forward with other candidates.

Just to let you know, you're going to find a lot of the same responders here as on the other board. Not all; you will find some who only respond on one or the other. But there's a lot of overlap.

In order to take any kind of legal action, you not only need proof that the roommate is doing what you claim, but also proof that but for what he had done, you would have definitely gotten the job. And that, you're not going to get because there is no freakin' way the recruiters are going to tell you that; and what you have described is very, very standard. You won't be the only applicant who seemed a good fit, and "we're moving forward with other candidates" is the typical way of saying that someone else was a better fit than you.

Just to let you know, you're going to find a lot of the same responders here as on the other board. Not all; you will find some who only respond on one or the other. But there's a lot of overlap.

In order to take any kind of legal action, you not only need proof that the roommate is doing what you claim, but also proof that but for what he had done, you would have definitely gotten the job. And that, you're not going to get because there is no freakin' way the recruiters are going to tell you that; and what you have described is very, very standard. You won't be the only applicant who seemed a good fit, and "we're moving forward with other candidates" is the typical way of saying that someone else was a better fit than you.
I guess the only way of getting evidence is if I got my roommate on recording talking to the recruiters on my behalf. I wonder if this is even possible? Could I legally get a companies call logs or check for my number somehow and work from there?

Back