Another Retail Theft Database Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetailGuy939

Some background information. At a Grocery store in California I was caught shoplifting. I signed a confession and paid a 250 dollar fine. No conviction.
This happened in November of 2013 and I finished paying my fine may of 2014 using a payment plan.

I currently work at a retail store as an associate and may be up for a promotion in the next few months.

1. Is there some way to find out if I am in a theft database? I probably am but it is better to know for certain
2. Is there some way I can find out what database certain retailers may use?
3. If each company uses a different database will I be safe with a background check?
4. If only subscribers have access to this database would a standard background check be safe?

My posts edit option has disappeared otherwise I would remove the names. Is this post still visible or do I need to start a new thread?

My posts edit option has disappeared otherwise I would remove the names. Is this post still visible or do I need to start a new thread?

I removed all proper names.
No worries.

We have a responder who has access to some information re which stores report to a retail theft database. Hold & he will probably be along later. You will probably have to send him an e-mail with the name of the store.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. I do have some access to who does and does not use databases. Recently things have changed some. However because I do work for both sides its not in my best interest to post this info publicly.

& there's the responder I was talking about. :)

And of course it completely defeats the purpose of the database for someone to be giving out the information. If you don't want to be in a retail theft database, don't commit retail theft.

Theft happens and trust me people like myself regrets it badly and wished to fix some things. It's crazy because I even asked to pay for my items and the LP refused to let me buy them. He would rather have me not pay and be a shoplifter.

Theft happens and trust me people like myself regrets it badly and wished to fix some things. It's crazy because I even asked to pay for my items and the LP refused to let me buy them. He would rather have me not pay and be a shoplifter.

I've lived on this planet for decades, and NO, theft just never happened to me.
I've never had the thought to steal, and brother, I've had some crazy thoughts.
But, THINKING about stealing is nothing.

Its when you CHOSE to act on that thought and then tried to steal, and failed.
Plus, you and I know, you've stolen dozens of times and gotten away with it.
No thief ever gets caught the first try, unless she or he is 6 years old; and even many of them get away with it.

No, you STOLE the items, got caught, and then wanted to pay.
Don't get it twisted.
You failed as a thief, so you thought offering to pay would let you walk.
Sorry, life doesn't work that way.

Now you've ruined your once good name, because you tried to steal some cheap trinkets!!!
Blame yourself, the loss prevention officer was simply doing a job, trying to protect his or her employer's trinkets; then you came along!!!

Last edited:
So what do you get for being unsympathetic? We are all humans with flaws and we learn from them! You'll never know what you will do tomorrow so think twice before attacking someone for a horrible decision they made that has been eating them up since.we all deserve second chances Ms.Amy. Try to be a little nicer eh? It doesn't cost you a buck. Bless your dark soul

So what do you get for being unsympathetic? We are all humans with flaws and we learn from them! You'll never know what you will do tomorrow so think twice before attacking someone for a horrible decision they made that has been eating them up since.we all deserve second chances Ms.Amy. Try to be a little nicer eh? It doesn't cost you a buck. Bless your dark soul

I do know what I'll do tomorrow.
I won't break their laws, even their speeding and parking laws.
I also know I won't steal any trinkets, diamonds, emeralds, or anything.
That doesn't mean I'm perfect.
It means I'm not stupid enough to want to go to their jails or prisons.
I am old, I mean old.
I have never broken one of their laws.
You appear to be the one that can't stop yourself from STEALING and breaking their laws.

You volunteered to the world that you are a THIEF.
No one forced you admit that you STEAL.
You got caught.
I didn't know, YOU blabbed.
This has nothing to do with sympathy.
Thieves cost me money.
Don't preach to me, admitted thief.
You stole, and that increases the prices that NON-THIEVES are required to pay.
I have no sympathy for thieves who steal trinkets.
If all thieves received one year in jail for their first conviction, I bet theft would go down, way down; and prices would also fall.

Last edited:

In general most retailers (for legal reasons) do not allow you to pay for items you tried to steal. It happens on occasion but that is rare. Its very possible store policy forbid the LP from giving you that option

It's a little late to be offering to pay for items once you already stole them.

Wow. All you people suck. I have never read a thread with such awful people. I have never stolen anything either but who cares if people make a mistake. And thus person should be commended for admitting their mistake. We can tell that army judge is old because that kind of authoritarian attitude is so out of date. The first person may have admitted to being a thief but crazy army person has displayed them self to be a hateful bigot so mired in their own filth that they cannot see how pathetic they appear to the rest of us.

Wow. All you people suck. I have never read a thread with such awful people. I have never stolen anything either but who cares if people make a mistake. And thus person should be commended for admitting their mistake. We can tell that army judge is old because that kind of authoritarian attitude is so out of date. The first person may have admitted to being a thief but crazy army person has displayed them self to be a hateful bigot so mired in their own filth that they cannot see how pathetic they appear to the rest of us.

I don't know you.
You don't know me.
I'll never seek to know you.

I take no note, of what you say, or how you feel about me.
Call me any name you wish.
Your words are less than raindrops to me.
I'm not in this life to seek your approval, acclaim, or praise.
No, I'm not of your generation, and thank God that I'll never aspire to your lofty level.

My attitude evolved from being a "judge" after decades and listening to legions of liars, thieves, killers, rapists, child molesters, and all other manner of uncivilized oafs who slithered before me claiming it was all a "mistake".

Raping someone, stealing some trinkets, robbing a store, killing a human being, committing necrophilia, molesting a child, may be many things, none of which are "mistakes".

A "mistake" is missing your exit off the Interstate; getting off an elevator on the 3rd floor, and not the 4th floor; addressing Bill as Bob; misdialing a phone number; forgetting if you paid this month's phone bill are all examples of "mistakes".

Admitting you stole some useless baubles or trinkets, not a "mistake".
The admission clearly reveals the miscreant deliberately stole the baubles, bells, or beads.

Now, you have yourself a very pleasant afternoon, and a great week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back