amazon problem

eishiba

Jurisdiction
Indiana
Im not even sure if im posting this in the right place. So I use Amazon to buy movies and TV series to watch. I like having them on Amazon because its a digital way to rewatch things whenever you want. I have many series like the Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds, and some movies. I also buy a series every year called Battlebots. Its a competiton with wheeled robots with saws and hammers that compete in an elimination tournament. Ive never had a single problem until this last series. I went to watch the last few episodes and it takes me to a page to buy one of their monthly subscriptions. Why should I have to pay more money to watch something I already paid for? There was a never notice when buying the series. This is like going to Walmart to buy a series and take it home and find out the last few episodes you are required to pay for them. Even though you paid full price for it. I went through their customer serivice and they simply said this is how they do buisness. Is this even legal?
Is it legal to make someone pay extra on something they paid full price for and not tell them until they try to watch them?

You don't. Go to amazon.com/video and click mystuff. They'll try to sell you more stuff, but you should be able to watch the stuff you already have paid for (unless you only did the "rental" option).

I have noticed that every so often, the new episode of a series that I have available to me through (usually) Paramount (occasionally another service, but mostly Paramount) shows up as being "available to buy". instead of being immediately available. Sometimes I can just go straight to the Paramount app and watch it there, but if that doesn't work, by waiting another week until it is no longer the newest episode, the one that had been "available to buy" is now open, and the now-newest one will be open as well. I have never had to actually re-buy anything; I just have to have a little patience. (That is not a slam at you; I don't blame you in the least for being upset.) You might want to just wait a few days and it may open up.

Its not rental, I bought for them. And as I started before I get taken to a page to buy some monthly subscription to watch it. This was about a month ago.

Its not rental, I bought for them. And as I started before I get taken to a page to buy some monthly subscription to watch it. This was about a month ago.
I looked at Battlebots on Amazon to buy series 8 and some of the purchase options give a price per month after a free trial

Perhaps that is what you are being asked to pay for.

Back