Again, for those who think CPS is Never wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody on here says CPS is never wrong, they are just not wrong 99% of the time like you think. CPS where I live does a good job MOST of the time. This is the wrong website for ANTI-CPS vents and rants.

I think they do as good a job as possible considering that they are understaffed, overworked and underfunded. Unfortunately that combination does mean that there are occasional slipups. Unfortunate but inevitable.

Duraine, first I've never said they were wrong 99% of the time. Secondly who in the hell are you to say what this forum is for, third, you will note that I didn't rant I posted a news item.

Finally, YOU are the one that talks like they are never wrong because of the GRAND total of TWO cases that you have been involved with. I don't even remember my first two cases.

Duraine, first I've never said they were wrong 99% of the time. Secondly who in the hell are you to say what this forum is for, third, you will note that I didn't rant I posted a news item.

Finally, YOU are the one that talks like they are never wrong because of the GRAND total of TWO cases that you have been involved with. I don't even remember my first two cases.

Is it possible to keep the disagreement a little more civil please

Cbg, the occasional unfortunate slip up would be excusable, even though they are dealing with very precious cargo. The problem is that social workers and CASAS get this holier than thou attitude and start making cases where they don't exist. I have personally caught them lying, making up evidence, shunting children to their "friends" for PAY, making up evidence to get children terminated so that wealthy parents could adopt them.

CPS is corrupt. All of them, no. Every case, no. Even a majority of them are NOT corrupt. But the climate of "we know more than you do about raising children" and the aforementioned holier than thou attitude is simply unforgivable when you are dealing with imperfect parents and people who have a Constitutional Right and God given right to raise their children in a manner that they see fit, and in the economic status that God has chosen to put them in.

Just because a child can be put into a more affluent home, or even a home with better morals, or better child rearing does not mean that the government has the right to run rough shod over their lives.

I know you agree with that, but now I'm ranting as I was accused of earlier. The part I didn't put is that I had something to do with the aforementioned case. In that case, what has not come out, is that DFCS did their usual sloppy and even illegal job in ruining this teacher's life.

When dealing with families and children, a know it all attitude is very dangerous. Again, I am not talking about you, or in this case not even Duraine, I'm just trying to get people to see that just because CPS is involved they should NOT assume the parent either did something wrong or that the CPS is justified. Most complaints, as Duraine has said, are unfounded. Some of the ones that are pursued should not be.

The case above is one of them. But DFCS will roll on, unfortunately this lady and her family will not be so lucky. DFCS has destroyed another family and counting.

Jacksgal, do you follow me around looking for things to jump me about? She is the one not being civil. I never said they were wrong 99% of the time nor was I ranting. And the fact that Duraine has a grand total of TWO cases to draw from is by her own admission.

So I would submit to you that my post is perfectly civil.

Jacksgal, do you follow me around looking for things to jump me about? She is the one not being civil. I never said they were wrong 99% of the time nor was I ranting. And the fact that Duraine has a grand total of TWO cases to draw from is by her own admission.

So I would submit to you that my post is perfectly civil.

sorry your not that important

Jharris, again nobody really cares about the anti CPS rants. Give it up. I have had a whole 2 cases and in both my cases and other cases that my CASA friends have worked, removal was 100% warranted. Since you know nothing about these cases or even the ones you read about in the media, I am surprised you feel qualified to comment.

For every case you say they screw up, there are probably at least 20-30 cases where action was appropriate. CPS out here is really underfunded. The case workers are over worked and foster parents are getting their stipends reduced. do you really think CPS has nothing better to do but just yank kids from their families? I mean really? Give it up please. I do not care if you are an attorney or not you are out of line with your comments to me and on this board about it. I really do not care about your issues with CPS and I doubt anyone on here does either. ...so I will not read your posts about it anymore. Knock yourself out.

I'm sorry - but please, if we're going to debate issues can we at least give each other the common courtesy of spelling our screen-names correctly?

It's 'DURANIE'.

Can we at least try?

If we cannot keep it civil, this thread can be closed. Keep that in mind, people.

As for CPS, ours out here does a very good job. Indeed, in every county I have worked they have done a real good job - probably a little TOO reticent, in my opinion.

So Duranie (thank you for the spelling lesson Proserpina), since YOU don't care but don't like my "rants" I should stop them? How about if you don't care, you just stop attacking them? Or as you say stop reading them. Since you haven't noticed, there are usually several appreciative comments when I post a NEWS item on the board about CPS. It's no wonder people are afraid to be supportive with the attacks they would have to endure for daring to have an opinion that differs from yours.

I'm not trying to disparage all CPS, I have repeatedly said that they have a dirty, thankless, necessary job. But even if we accept your figures:

For every case you say they screw up, there are probably at least 20-30 cases where action was appropriate.

Do you really feel comfortable with CPS ruining 5% of the lives they touch? I'm sure if you were Tonya Craft you would have a bit of a different opinion. And by the way, as I said in my earlier post I was involved in the Tony Craft's case, that's why I posted it.

As for civility, none of this thread has been overly uncivil. Discourse, even contentious discourse, is important when you are trying to get to the truth. That's why LAW is an adversarial system. The whole point is that lawyers ARGUE and FIGHT the cases. Now I'm not suggesting that we call each other names or have petty fights, but there is nothing wrong with disagreeing.

I posted a NEWS item with a very short, absolutely true, comment. For my service I got blasted for a "rant" and told that I think CPS is wrong 99% of the time. I wasn't ranting until then and I've never said CPS is wrong 99% of the time. Its just that kind of jumping to conclusions that causes the CPS problems that I"m talking about.

I dare say that the parents who come through here looking for help from CPS abuses (we see them over an over) deserve more than the assumption that they are somehow bad parents and CPS is right. CPS is fraught with problems, if any of you don't think so, it's because you don't get to see it up close like I do.

Duranie I work CPS cases all the time. I shouldn't put you down for your two cases but I'm working 10 or more cases at a time. All of them CPS abuse related. Have some respect for my opinion and expertise, and I'll have some respect for yous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back