adoption to family member

Status
Not open for further replies.

kari2

I have 2 sons, my 4 year old I am looking at my parents to adopt him, what do I or they need to do to start this in MN? Do we have to go through an adotption service? or can we just go to court and they aprove it or deny it?

My 4 month old I am looking to adopt him to family friends, what would the process be for that?
my 4 month olds father has not made any atempt to come see him, is there an abandonment law in MN for this situation? the father is not on the birth record or certificate, or paying child support, but he keeps saying he wants to keep the baby, but he wants to throw a nanny at him, while he works in another county for another 3 years. He has a 3 year old daughter by another lady, and he has only seen her for maybe 4 weeks out of the year at the most for the past 3 years. what can I do! I can't afford the kids, and neither father is willing to do a thing.....

Last edited:
I have 2 sons, my 4 year old I am looking at my parents to adopt him, what do I or they need to do to start this in MN? Do we have to go through an adotption service? or can we just go to court and they aprove it or deny it?

My 4 month old I am looking to adopt him to family friends, what would the process be for that?
my 4 month olds father has not made any atempt to come see him, is there an abandonment law in MN for this situation? the father is not on the birth record or certificate, or paying child support, but he keeps saying he wants to keep the baby, but he wants to throw a nanny at him, while he works in another county for another 3 years. He has a 3 year old daughter by another lady, and he has only seen her for maybe 4 weeks out of the year at the most for the past 3 years. what can I do! I can't afford the kids, and neither father is willing to do a thing.....
Are you adopting your sons out to protect them from their father getting custody?

If so, you should not act out in fear. You should continue to learn your rights. Your son's Father's actions should not concern you now, you should look to your future and think that this man does not exist in your world. Move forward towards more positive people. Do not pay attention to their estranged father, pay attention to your son's needs, your needs and a happy future. Doors will open when you are looking for the good. Don't look behind you at the bad. Be present, healthy, and continue to learn about the law on this.
You will attract into your life what you give focus on. Focus on what you want, not on what you don't want. I hope you make the right decisions regarding your own beautiful, son's who are your future and full of potential.

Ok, so you have 2 kdis and you want to give them both up? Please don't take this the wrong way, but you need to stop getting pregnant.

Who is the 4 year olds father? You cannot adopt a chold out without consent from the father and having his rights terminated. You might want to look into giving them temp. guardianship but you cannot automatically surpass the rights of the father.

As far as the 4 month old, if there is no established paternity, there is no abandonment. You cannot expect him to pay support if paternity was never established. Personally, if you cannot take care of the child, then Dad should have the right to be able to. Why don't you file for child support? You cannot adopt this infant out without Dad signing off his rights. You have made the determination that this guy is a loser but there is nothing in your post indicating that. If you are not able to take care of the child, then Dad does have rights to custody before you adopt the baby out. You cannot expect financial help if paternity was not established.

You really need to see an attorney or call legal aid to see what they can do. If your parents want the 4 year old, they should see an attorney to be sure this is done legally.

Please do what is necessary to ensure your kids are properly cared for.

Since you do not know the facts of the situation, you should not make comments, that is not what this forum is for. To get a child out of a bad situation, you have to do things you don't want to! By the comment you have made, I can assume you are a married mother, with the white picket fence and someone who works so you don't have to and pampers you. Since you are not and attorney, maybe you should get a job, and stop answering questions you have no trained knowledge to answer. I am not the only one you have made snide comments to. Look at your life before you comment about another persons.

Your parents should hire a lawyer.

Ummm...ok you dont need me to tell you then, if you cannot take care of your kids, stop having them. You are not doing your kids any favors.

Apart from my "snide" comments, the rest of the advice I gave you is correct. You cannot automatically ignore the fathers in either situation.

GET A JOB!!!!! YOU NEED SOMETHING TO DO!!!!
have you read the statment you have, and I quote.... "I am not an attorney. Do not consider this legal advice. "
If your not qualified, you should not be giving out advice!
(Are you the neightborhood gosip????)

Aside from the personal comments Duranie gave you correct advise. The fathers have to be involved before any adoption can take place.

Kari, grow up. You obviously have some major problems. I feel really sorry for your kids. You are so burdened by so many problems you take your frustrations out on a message board? You want me to get a job? That makes alot of sense. Aren't you the one that has 2 kids you cannot take care of?

Stop replying to my responses, and I will not reply to any more of your posts.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back