Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Accused of Class A Theft by Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjb2908

I recently was arrested and put in jail, I was accused of stealing an iphone it was found in the bottom of my shoe, i was forced to do this act, because of resulting in my families lives in danger, I have no evidence of what they threatened me. It is a first time charge on me, retail value of iphone is 599.99 so it is class A theft over 500 under 1500. i was recently released on bond, bond was set at 750. The judge did not ask for any pleas, What will usually happen when i go for my hearing. Can i just pay the fine or do community service and what do i plea?

You need a Lawyer is what you need. Enter no plea until you have one. If you cannot afford one ask for Public defender. See if Diversion is an option in your case. Its up to you and your Attorney but you might dump the threat defense. Even if true I doubt anyone will swallow it especailly with no proof

Legally, it doesn't matter that you were threatened. You can't go commit crimes, even if a gun is at your head and you believe you'll be shot if you don't. Now, the prosecutor can take all that into account and decide what to do about it.

I agree you need an attorney. You plead not guilty. At the initial hearing your bail may be raised, but it usually isn't. Also at this hearing they may put restrictions on you. This varies greatly not just State to State, but County to County.

Someone threatened your family for a phone? hopefully they don't need groceries next time it's tuff to get a watermelon in your shoe. learn a something from this and next time someone threatens your life or that of a loved one go to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back