accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemmaalisha

I took out a tv on a hire purchase the tv was returned now they are saying.it was never returned and threatening me with police ect trying to say I stole it I don't have a recipt to show they collected it either

Nothing in writing to PROVE you returned the item, it was never returned.

Expect to see a friendly constable very soon to serve you a pretty, arrest warrant.

Or, negotiate a settlement, and see what it would take to keep you out of jail and court.

Last edited:
The good thing about this is a tv should not be that expensive to pay off and make this go away. It will certainly be cheaper than the cost of a lawyer, court and a criminal conviction.

Your options are to pay for it or risk getting arrested if you don't.

The good thing about this is a tv should not be that expensive to pay off and make this go away. It will certainly be cheaper than the cost of a lawyer, court and a criminal conviction.

You haven't gone HP-ing in the UK, have ya? ;)

The interest is often completely outrageous - and perfectly legal.

The only thing I can liken it to is think Aaron's rental but with the interest rate of a pay-day loan.

That's pretty moot though - this is going to turn into a criminal matter unless OP actually does pay as required.

I'm not making any accusations here but I have never in my life experienced a rent-to-own return that didn't include a nice little bunch of paperwork that needs the signature of the customer AND the driver before the driver can take off with the goods.

Ahh, the good old, UK. Have I ever said, I admire, respect, and adore Her Majesty and The Dearly Departed, Queen Mum; well I do.
I love my cousins in the UK. Sorry to interrupt, we now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back