6 year old twins

P

Pryncess

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I am looking to see if there is any law in the state of Missouri that says at a certain age children of opposite sexes need to have separate bedrooms.

Unless the children are foster children who have been placed in a foster home by the state, there is not such a law in any state.

It's legal - no law against it except possibly in a foster situation as noted above. However, sometimes there could be a "moral" question as to whether it is the best option depending on the ages of the children. Since the children here are only 6, I see no problem at all.

This same questions comes up often here and probably other forums. Where you got your answer already you need to ask yourself is this about the children or about trying to put it to the EX?

I shared a room with one of my brothers until I was 10. Then I moved upstairs and didn't even get an actual room. It was like an alcove - my dad was going to build a room but never had the time or money.

There's nothing wrong with opposite gender siblings sharing a room. What "moral" question is there to ask? They are siblings and twins on top of that - so probably very close anyway as twins usually are.

My ex's twin sisters shared a bed until they were 18 and then moved out and got their own places. And? Big deal. Smh. The only reason I had to move out of my room is there is five of us and the youngest brother couldn't fit in the room with the oldest two. So I got my own area.

I shared a room with one of my brothers until I was 10. Then I moved upstairs and didn't even get an actual room. It was like an alcove - my dad was going to build a room but never had the time or money.

Your "alcove" bedroom reminded me of when my parents bought a house when I was 13. It was a three-bedroom house, but there were six of us - my parents, my brother, two sisters & me. My dad partitioned off a bedroom for my brother at one end of the enclosed porch, and my two younger sisters and I got the two upstairs bedrooms. My youngest sister didn't want to share a room like she always had before, so dad made her a room out of what was basically a wide hallway that extended under the peaked roof. It had no door (none of the upstairs bedrooms did, though) and we had to walk through her "room" to get to the back bedroom, but we all loved that little area! It was cozy, and always nice and warm because the chimney ran up right next to it.
My sister didn't even realize she actually slept in a hallway until just a couple of years ago, when she visited the old place before it was torn down. She just remembered that as her cozy little room!

Your "alcove" bedroom reminded me of when my parents bought a house when I was 13. It was a three-bedroom house, but there were six of us - my parents, my brother, two sisters & me. My dad partitioned off a bedroom for my brother at one end of the enclosed porch, and my two younger sisters and I got the two upstairs bedrooms. My youngest sister didn't want to share a room like she always had before, so dad made her a room out of what was basically a wide hallway that extended under the peaked roof. It had no door (none of the upstairs bedrooms did, though) and we had to walk through her "room" to get to the back bedroom, but we all loved that little area! It was cozy, and always nice and warm because the chimney ran up right next to it.
My sister didn't even realize she actually slept in a hallway until just a couple of years ago, when she visited the old place before it was torn down. She just remembered that as her cozy little room!
Pretty much my room. Upstairs we had what we called the toy room and played with all our toys. It had a little closet/attic type thing to the side. A balcony door to the balcony. It was on the way to our parents bedroom. So what my dad did with me is there was an area pretty much where the roof slanted down. It had a window. I had enough room for a bed and my dresser. I could move the dresser under the slant and the bed where the dresser was and that was about as much as I could rearrange. No door. Nothing closed off. So if I was changing and I heard someone coming upstairs I had to do it quickly or yell at them to wait. OR go downstairs to the bathroom.

My dad was going to build a wall and a door but lacked money and time as he had to work two jobs while our mom was running around...so I didn't have my own room again until college kind of. Senior year I lived with my friend in a house and my room had a doorway, no door. And it was right next to the bathroom so everyone had to come in to use the bathroom. But it had four walls!

Back