NOT Given job

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorac

Applied for a teaching job at a school district in my home town. Another candidate from the same town also applied. That candidate got his teaching degree 10 yrs ago but has never taught and was in a band and doing carpenter work. I had recently gotten my Masters degree in teaching so I recently did student teaching. The other candidate started to spread a rumor that I was arrested for a DUI which I never was ever arrested for that or for anything else. The rumor was spread to employees in the district. A friend notified a school board member on my behalf and explained that the other candidate was spreading rumors about me that was not true. That board member notified other board members. I was interviewed twice and so was the other candidate. The superindent recommended the other candidate because he has had arguments with my father at various Board Meeting. At an open board meeting it went into executive session to discuss this rumor that the other candidate had spread. The president of the board tried to reach someone who was told that rumor by the candidate. That person didn't answer their phone but called the president back and he didn't answer his phone. Then the board came out of the executive session and announced that the candidate who had spread the rumors was picked for the teaching position. The person that the president was trying to reach drove to the board meeting. He was able to tell the board the rumor that the candidate told him and the president said I wish I would have known this an hour ago. The board said the vote was already done. I believe this rumor that the board failed to follow up on in a timely manner cost me the teaching position. DO I have a slander case against the other candidate and do I have one against the school district. Thanks.

You have no recourse against the school district. If you have twenty or thirty thousand to waste chasing a judgment for a few grand you might have a case against the other teacher.

The school district can hire anyone they want. You have no case against them.

As the other responder noted, it would cost you a lot if you tried to bring a case against the other teacher & you "might" not win.

in December of 2013

I tried to spam. You banned me.
Please ban me again! Thank you

Achmed the Silly Spammer

What are you wishing or inquiring about pursuing, SPAMMER?
We won't sue you, SPAMMER from Pakistan.
We just ban you and your disgusting ilk!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back