How much time will my father get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf93

Hi, This is a crazy story but my father was charged with incest and aggrevated child molestation against my step-sister and the result of that ended with my niece being my sister as well. My dad has never got in trouble this will be his first offense but I want to know much time he will be serving will he get some slack because my step-sister is now 20 years old and her child is 4 years old and she wanted soo long to tell but my step-mom and my father were married when most of this went down which was in 2007 when they got married ny step-sister had her child when she was 16 which was in 2010 but had another guy claim her child but dna test came back as my father will lawyers look at she lied? She said she was in embrass but I don't know I just want to know whatis an eestimate of how much time will he be serving since it is his first offense and he has aggravated child molestation and incest pending against him?

The older the victim was the lighter the sentence will likely be.
From what you describe I would expect punishment in the range of 5-10 years, of which he will likely serve half.
He will also have to register as a sex offender.

Years ago, people could lie their way out of these hot spots. Today, thanks to DNA, lies don't work. Your dad will likely be away for quite some time. I'm GUESSING with incest being not less than 10 years, the agg child molestation being not less than 5, if he becomes a convicted pedophile, he'll be sentenced anywhere between 15 to 20 years, concurrent. In your state, GA, because of the agg charge, he's likely to have to do 10 before he can parole. Only a guess mind you, but a knowledgeable guess.

Ga. Code § 16-6-22 Incest

Punishable by imprisonment for not less than 10 nor more than 30 years; however, if victim is a child under the age of 14, punishable by imprisonment for not less than 25 years nor more than 50 years.

Ga. Code § 16-6-4 Child molestation, aggravated child molestation

First offense: punishable by imprisonment for not less than five nor more than 20 years

Last edited:
Just curious... does incest apply to step children? I would think not.

Not sure as to how the court would see child as one of issue, one related to marital responsibility, or even adoption.

Can one commit incest against their adopted son or daughter?

I know grandparents have been charged with incest.

I also know of step-siblings not being charged with incest.

Great question but as I'll never be in that situation, and the thought of any of those actrs saddens me, I'm not motivated to know more.

To take a line from Bill Clinton, "it depends on what the meaning of child is".

As far as I'm concerned, just typing the words are repulsive and off putting to me.

It was incest by marriage because my step mother and my dad were married

Your sister was about 13 years old when this happened, seven years ago in 2007.

The punishment for the Agg Child Molest.: Because there was INTERCOURSE, that's considered SODOMY - 25 years to life imprisonment, with a mandatory 10 years in prison with no parole.

The punishment for INCEST: 25 to 50 years if the offense is committed with a child under the age of 14 years.

Here's the code and punishment for the two charges:

16-6-4. Child molestation; Aggravated child molestation
Child molestation: any immoral or indecent act to or in the
presence of or with any child under the age of 16 years with
the intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of either the
child or the person. Sentence range: 5-20 years for the first
conviction; 10-30 or life imprisonment for a second or subsequent
convictions.
Aggravated child molestation: an offense of child molestation
which act physically injures the child or involves an act
of sodomy. Sentence range: split sentence, 25 years to life
imprisonment,** with a mandatory 10 years in prison with
no parole.

16-6-22. Incest
Engaging in sexual intercourse with a person to whom he or
she knows he or she is related either by blood or by marriage.
Sentence range: 10 to 30 years; 25 to 50 years if the
offense is committed with a child under the age of 14 years.

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/pdf/ChildSexOffenders.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back