Mother cannot manage our estate and will run dry taking cruises every.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevillet904

For 10 years my father, my son and myself had a very lucrative business doing foreclosure work for HUD, Freddie Mac etc. Our days started from sun up to sun down during the spring, summer and fall seasons. And the way it worked was I would take care of all the orders by first going and removing debris or cutting grass or whatever the hundreds of tasks that the houses needed. Then I would have to come home and stay up to 2:00 am or so putting in all the reports, invoices and before and after pictures. And while I did that Dad was taking care of all the money. He was strange about the money and always did everyones taxes. He would meet us at the gas station to fill up the trucks. Then on Friday I would tell him what I needed for payroll and he always gave me cash. The best part of it was I had the whole family working so we can live comfortably, etc. Mom and Dad would go on cruises almost every other month. Then dad fell ill and on February 11, 2010 his birthday present was news from his doctor that he had Asbestosis. And along with the diabetes he fought hard to the bitter end. Internally I knew I had to come to the realization that my best friend was going soon. Then on June 4, 2012 his heart just could not take it anymore. He died at 3:38pm. I know the exact time because I felt him leave. I was crossing over the Vilano bridge in St Augustine and I looked up and saw this figure that looked like a grown man bending down and looking into a marble. That marble was the planet earth and I'll never forget the image. He was in and out of the ER for months. Once he told me how great the arches were, "Huge Golden Arches", he said. But then mom called me the very next morning at 5:30am. She said to get over to her house before Rosie (my sister) showed up. Then she said to look for a cruise brochure and that the updated will was in a binder

Well now moms just not thinking right and I know she's getting over the shock of it still. And I know how lonely she feels because I lost my wife in 2005. But she is just taking every thing she has and is just spending it on every cruise trip she can. And now she's going on a cruise to her homeland Europe. First it was a 15 day cruise. But yesterday while driving her back from publix she said she's going to stay 6 months. And the worse problem is that she doesn't have much of an education and the decisions she makes are off the charts from what she needs to do. My Dad was a Naval Officer and retired the highest rank of CWO-5. And he was gone out to sea a lot throughout his term working on a logistics ship. And throughout the years mom hasn't made social contact very much because she always felt people were making fun of her. But I was always there for her and I would step in and help her through the anxiety. They would have week long fights of why he took her away from her family etc etc

Bottom line though is that we are missing a lot of money. We made $786,000.00 in the 9 years we were in business. Then I found out all of the insurance policies were all cashed in. And then the IRA Dad set up for our retirement was taken. My sister somehow talked mom into giving her all the power. And now after working ourselves half to death and making all that money it's all gone. Then I found out that in 2009 we lost in the neighborhood of $250,000.00 when the Stock Market crashed. Now I certainly do not whatsoever am putting any blame or pointing fingers or nothing. I did not put up any argument when she had the IRA transferred into her accounts. I didn't say anything when she and my sister closed all of the business accounts. And I have said considerably very little about how my sister, brother and mother are living it up like Kings and Queens while the real workforce of that business which paid for all 3 houses, insurances, Dad bought a brand new KIA cash; paid in full. From the real workforce working 6-7 days a week, up to 18 hours a day. Worked so hard that I have accelerated my Degenerative Disc Disease and now have been told by a Doctor I'll be in a wheel chair in less than 2 years....

What I need help with is to secure the family's future. Mom thought I destroyed the updated will. But I didn't. And the updated will reads that I am the Executor. And further says we are to sell their house which is about $750,000.00 in value. All our restitution and all our hard work is in those houses. And she already talked my brother into selling his house. And she put that $100,000.00 in her account. And made him kick out his 2 sons in the street. Somthing Dad would never ever absolutely not ever would approve of.

So how do I invoke my right as Executor. What can I do to make sure my whole family is taken care of, which is what my Dad intended with the last hand written addendum he wrote out. The one mom told me to destroy in her rage of greed. And it pains me to say it. I love my mother. I have always been there for her. With her.

And I really do want to thank you in advance for all your help. I am the "All American Boy". Did sports all my life. I raised my 2 kids myself and they are the best 2 kids on the face of this planet. My daughter is a genius and is almost done with her masters degree. And my son is the most honest, hard working man you'll ever find. I was raised the sibling of an Officers Family. A true Catholic and anyone of us would take a bullet for one or another. And Dad made it his life to have an immaculate mansion with full length pool. And he worked day after day keeping up the house as did all of us really. We re-roofed it together, new fencing, flooring, flagstone walkways. Years of painting and then the vinyl siding. Pressure washing. Re-surfacing pool deck, re-sealing the pool tiles, etc etc.

The only thing that's really relevant here is the fact that it goes beyond the scope of a forum.

You need an attorney - not a message board.

Sorry.

Definitely agree. You will need a lawyer's help with your situation.

My condolences upon your dad's death. I can feel the love you have for him, as well as the admiration of his business acumen.

If there is a remedy for YOU, it'll only be addressed by you hiring an attorney.

I won't say more, because you need an attorney dearly. God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back