Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft caught at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayoitsme

i was sat down today with the store director and they found 2 empty bottles that were in my area with no paid stickers the total cost was 2.00 will they press charges on me or fire me? i did admit they were mine im a good kid i dont remember if i paid for them or not because i go thru about 3 a day so what will happen?

I'm afraid no one here can see into the future and see what they will do.

Unlikely for the law to be involved, but possible you get fired.

The "I don't remember if I paid" doesn't go very far. I would fire you just for saying that, even if it turned out you had paid for them.

Your employer can discipline you for this up to & including termination. There is no way for us to know what your employer will do. I doubt they will get the law involved though for $2.00.

If they follow typical actions they will investigate to see if there are more theft (than two you mention) before taking action. Once they do then policy or management will make decision whether or not to file criminal complaint. since you admit to having 2 to 3 a day its possible you have other thefts they can prove. If so this increases your chances of criminal complaint or even a felony charge since intent prior to theft can be shown. At this point no one can say for certain until your employer finishes investigation. If called back make no admissions and sign no documents that admit guilt and especially any that say you took more than the two mentioned earlier. Expect to be terminated and your employer to seek repayment or Civil Demand for your actions. Agree to repay or pay the civil demand so not provoke a criminal complaint filing. I work in Loss Prevention field and in my opinion this would be your best course of action to avoid further problems

Ok well i didnt admitt to anything other than the bottles were mine and that i buy them all the time and by going thru 2-3 a day i dont mean stealing i actually do buy them all the time and its been a few days and nothing has happened what should i do? Should i ask about it or will that be suspicous

I wouldn't do anything - wait & see if they get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back