gift gone wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

already

This girl sent me 170 bucks to...i was going to put money witg it to purchase a ticket to tx...the ticket cost 223 one way. We never agreed or spoke of pay back, the gettin back an rm and bored was on her...long story short i didnt go she say i broke the law. I never asked she offered the money was a gift..she sent harassing txt an involved other ppl....what can i do am i in the wrong? Oh yea she has also brought me many gifts before like the p3

It sounds like the money was for the purpose of purchasing a ticket, not for you to keep and do as you please with. If you didn't go then you should have returned the money.
You did not break the law... but if she were to pursue an action in small claims court she may be able to get a judgment against you. Once you go that far, if a decision were to go against you then you could end up owing even more to cover court fees.

So when you decided to not make the trip, why didn't you simply return the money? You will likely have a hard time explaining yourself if she drags you into a courtroom over it.

I agree that if she sues you in small claims court, she may very well prevail unless the judge decides it was a gift to do with as you please. Has she given you money before to do with as you please? It seems she expected you to use the money toward a ticket. What did you do with the money - why didn't you return it if you weren't going to use it as she expected?

Ran into problems thats y the trip wasnt made not to mention this was not the first time she has givin me stuff money or items...she was tryin to buy love..feel bad morally but now she's involvin others

Plus too the money was gone when she sent it cause there was never any talk of repayment..so it was a gift..plenty of people have seen her spend on me before o this is nothg new..and had i went she would'v been out of almost the800 bucks just spent on me..

Buy the ride tak da trip. You know gonna be one big sugar pile for you to lick. Afta slurpinup, check the view. Might be some sweet pickens fer play. Find ya own goodn an wear her out. Be sweet setin up wit dat for a while.

Buy the ride tak da trip. You know gonna be one big sugar pile for you to lick. Afta slurpinup, check the view. Might be some sweet pickens fer play. Find ya own goodn an wear her out. Be sweet setin up wit dat for a while.

I feel what you be sayin', dawg. I sho 'nuff does 'presheate dat dare info, yo!

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back