Dad needing advice obtaining custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

My 14 yr old child was in tears about going to his mom's and he wishes to stay with me. He says he's not treated the same as his step siblings and his mom will not listen to him. We have joint custody and mom with physical. After 2 mths of son staying with me (and I was still paying child support) I filed a motion to amend order to physical custody to me. After 5 mths we get to court for a guardian ad litem to be appointed. My son and I met with him 3 times. He told my son as long as no trouble by end of school yr, he would recommend the requested change. WRONG, order denied! Never did he speak to anyone he obtained #s for and didn't hear from him until the day before court each time. My son asked to speak to judge, didn't happen. I'm not stating any wrong doing with mom, as both homes are suited. Mom states our child is a problem and is so rude and disrespectful. I do not have a problem with him displaying these behaviors and seems she is the only one who does. I'm just trying to help my son as I'm very concerned about him. Any advice?

What has changed IN THE CHILD'S LIFE that would warrant a change of custody?

It takes more than just the child wanting to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back