Consumer Law, Warranties By-law clarification / understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkey01

By-law Clarification

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
Can someone help me understand the following provision in our high school hockey by-laws? My question is, can someone be nominated at the board meeting prior to the election meeting or are all nominations due 14 days prior to the election meeting date?

The Nominating Committee shall submit in writing to the Board its recommendations for nomination of persons to serve as Officers thirty (30) days prior to the PO meeting at which the election will be conducted. The Nomination Committee shall submit no less than one (1) and no more than two (2) candidates for each position. Notice of this meeting shall be given to all PO members. Further nominations may be made from the floor at this Board meeting. The Board shall consider the recommendations and upon approval by the Board, the membership shall be notified of the nominations at least twenty-one (21) days prior to the PO meeting at which the election will be conducted with a request that any further nominations be made to the Board no less than fourteen (14) days prior to the scheduled PO election meeting. The Board will review and confirm the eligibility and desire of any additional nominee to serve. No further nominations will be accepted after that time. Each officer will also concurrently serve as a member of the Board of Directors of the Club.

By-law Clarification

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
Can someone help me understand the following provision in our high school hockey by-laws? My question is, can someone be nominated at the board meeting prior to the election meeting or are all nominations due 14 days prior to the election meeting date?

The Nominating Committee shall submit in writing to the Board its recommendations for nomination of persons to serve as Officers thirty (30) days prior to the PO meeting at which the election will be conducted. The Nomination Committee shall submit no less than one (1) and no more than two (2) candidates for each position. Notice of this meeting shall be given to all PO members. Further nominations may be made from the floor at this Board meeting. The Board shall consider the recommendations and upon approval by the Board, the membership shall be notified of the nominations at least twenty-one (21) days prior to the PO meeting at which the election will be conducted with a request that any further nominations be made to the Board no less than fourteen (14) days prior to the scheduled PO election meeting. The Board will review and confirm the eligibility and desire of any additional nominee to serve. No further nominations will be accepted after that time. Each officer will also concurrently serve as a member of the Board of Directors of the Club.

I'm no expert, though I have served on PTA by-laws committees, so check back for more responses.

My interpretation is that nominations may be accepted at the final board meeting prior to the election, but will not be accepted after the close of the meeting.

One or two people can be nominated 30 days prior to a meeting. Additional people can be nominated from the floor during the meeting (I presume that would be prior to a call for the vote).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back