Applying For SSI Supplemental Security Income

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctennant

Please excuse this postin gif its in the wrong category. I didnt't see a disability section.

I've dealt with severe depression and anxiety problems my whole life so I applied for SSI and was denied on the 26th for have a job a year where I was a cashier. I'm sure there were other reasons but that is all that was put in the denial letter. I've got the appeal papers and I have decided to go to my doctors that I have visited and get the records myself to send in with the appeal. SS didnt even get all of the records when I applied. I'm just wondering if someone can give me some tips or pointers when it comes to filling out these appeal papers. I dont want to mess it up again. I dont want to stay dependanet on the state forever. Just untill I can maybe finally get on the right medication. I have contacted a lawyer (Binder & Binder) and waiting to hear back from them to see if they will take my case.

I can't provide an answer to your question, yet perhaps I can give some hope.

My wife filed for disability a year ago with the help of an attorney. She recently began working as a cashier. She called the attorney to inform her of this and to request the discontinuation of the Disability application. The attorney told her not to worry that starting back to work does not in all cases end the possibility of getting disability. Thus her claim was kept open.

It is a catch 22 situation! You need to show Disability that you are under medical care, yet without health insurance this may be too expensive. Therefor you need a job with health coverage insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back