Is this covered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelynn77

Hello. I work for a small 501(c)3 and I am the director of Special Events. I was recently given the task to host assemble our first benefit concert. During the event, which I was required to attend), I carelessly tripped on the steps and did serious damage to my left ankle. My director was there to witness the incident, but never had me fill out an incident form. To be honest, I don't think we even have those. Every doctor I have seen I have explained that I was at a work event when it happened, but no one has ever asked about workman's comp. I've already shelled out money in doctors bills and missed work. Wouldn't this be something that workers compensation should have to cover?

Thanks
Angel

(1) Write down on a sheet of paper as detailed an description of the accident as possible and, if you can, take a few photos of the area where you tripped. Write down the date and time and every witness you remember. THEN
(2) Report it to your employer
(3) Call whatever is the agency/bureau in your state and find out how to file a claim

AT worst, your state's comp board can say it is not work related. In NY and most likely in other states, you pay no fee to your lawyer until and unless you get comp$ and, in NY, the fee is decided by a law judge. You pay nothing out of pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back