Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Do I really have a logical/rational reason to fear the long arm of the law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

screwup7

I was arrested on december 19th, 2008 on a charge of arson because i burnt a book on school property, i had no intent to burn the school, only the book. i was not charged for it, instead, forced to clean the school for a month. i am also 18 years of age. several days ago, on january 27th, i had used cannabis recreationally with my friend. when i came home, i was extremelly high. my parents threatened to tell the school constable. now, i'm not a chronic drug user, and don't deal drugs. do i really have anything to fear? i was not caught by an officer, either. my parents also wanted me to give the name of my friend and to give the name of the person i got it from, or else the constable would get it out of me. should i be worried? please give a detailed answer with explanatory answers,

Your not asking a legal question your asking us to read minds or predict furture. If there was a crime and Police are told yes you can be arrested. If DA feels there is enough evidence to support a conviction yes you can be prosecuted! However we dont know if anything will be reported or if there will be enough told to Police to make an arrest thats where the future predicting comes in

ok, that makes more sense. let us say then, that if u do weed tuesday and it's reported on friday, only because they know that i'm high. can i really be arrested if i did it, but am not in possession of it? or if i don't do it? i wasn't even caught by an officer.

You don't read well do you? We dont predict future! Your presumed situation will depend on facts, evidence, witiness statements and, DA's desire to go forward! If your crime was reported to Police and Police investigate, if they even do that and, it supports arrest yes you will be arrested. Want issue resolved? Stop using illegal substances!! Just as a note to you you posted your name and admission to using these substances on a public website. Reads like a confession to me:yes:

You probably dont. However like I said we cant predict future or read minds. Your question wasnt a legal question. I answered best I could but there is no way to know without skills we dont have previously mentioned

ok. is there someone you could give me the name of who could best help me answer my question? it would be very much appreciated :)

I was arrested on december 19th, 2008 on a charge of arson because i burnt a book on school property, i had no intent to burn the school, only the book.
In most states, that would be some form of arson no matter what your intent was.

i was not charged for it, instead, forced to clean the school for a month.
Sounds reasonable, especially in light of the alternative of jail and a criminal record.

i was extremelly high. my parents threatened to tell the school constable. now, i'm not a chronic drug user, and don't deal drugs. do i really have anything to fear?
From the police? Not really. Now, mom and dad may decide that your "adult" decision means you can make an "adult" living on your own out there in the cruel world. Since you are 18, depending on state law, they may not have to provide for you any longer.

Now, it is possible that you will find some additional attention by the police at school and after because of all this. They now know you are prone to start fires, and that you smoke marijuana and get "extremely high". School officials are likely to focus on you as well. So, I hope you like the attention.

- Carl

ok. is there someone you could give me the name of who could best help me answer my question? it would be very much appreciated :)
An attorney.

Only an attorney c an evaluate your entire circumstance in confidence and provide you a legal opinion of your exposure to prosecution.

My opinion is that your exposure to prosecution for smoking marijuana previously is minimal, but the laws in your un-named state might allow for a prosecution if it was witnessed ... and, it may consider a positive test for THC to be a crime in your situation. And, yes, if you were "extremely high" a few days ago, you'll test positive for about three more weeks.

- Carl

yes, i am aware of this. i do not have any previous history of starting fires that are dangerous, and/or illegal, nor do i have any convictions prior to this offence. the unnamed state you speak of, carl, is not a state, but a province, the province of Alberta, in Canada.

Ah! Canada. Okay, that limits the responses we'll be able to provide. Few here are versed on Canadian law.

Good luck.

- Carl

i have no previous criminal record and i am not a threat to society, i do not have a history of endangering others by lighting a bulding on fire, the buildng was not consumed by a fire and there were not even scorch marks on the wall. the unnamed state is not a state, but a province, the province of alberta

oh ok. well, then the individual i'm looking for must have some extensive knowledge, if he can discuss canadian and american law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back