my horrible sister-in-law

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunyc

My jurisdiction is: CA

I live in CA and belong to an ashian community. My biggest problem is my 60 year old sister-in-law. She is a working women, living with my husaband, her younger brother, one year prior to our marriage. This lady is a real devil in our whole family in all of her life. No one except my husband want her to live with, because of her nature no one respect her or like her. In a few sentances it is very hard to describe her, If you want to know, just invite her with respect to live with and than after some time get experience........

Before this she lived with her sister for about 10 years and created such a bitter atmosphere so the sister's marriage converted in divorce..............

Now during her 8 years of living with us she is doing the same thing to us
and I also feel that our marriage is breaking apart...........

When I ask my husband to ask her to go; his honest answers are - where she will go? nobody likes her, I can not give tears to my mom, You have to adjust with this, try to ignore her, If You (me) can not adjust than can go whereever you like, If I have to divorce you I am ready for that too.... blah..... blah......

Under Asian tradition my marriage was a setteled marriage by our parents, And my In-Laws put my parents in total dark about her nature and behaviour.....

I am turning crazy because of all this, I have talked to all my in-laws, they always advise me to adjust with her that is turning extremely hard with time.

Can any law of this state or country help me to save my marriage? I do not want to live with her....... but If my husband favors her I can not even take any help from anywhere? Please help me.............

You do not have a legal problem..you have a marital problem. Your husband is sacrificing his marriage for his culture. You need to stand up to your husband and tell him that you want this woman out of the house. I have heard of this happening in many homes where this is common in your culture to have family members live with you but it can cause a real strain on your marriage. Since it is your house too, you are free to tell this woman to leave. If she has a job then she should move out into a place of her own, or maybe find her a roommate. even if you do this, your marriage might be in trouble anyways since your husband will not be happy with it.

You can see an attorney to see if you might qualify for alimony if your husband makes alot more than you do. Maybe if you threaten him with divorce he will ask her to move. Who owns your house? He will essentually most likely have to split everything with you, but I do not know what state you are in. He has to understand that there are going to be financial things to settle if you divorce. He cannot have it both ways. If he chooses his sister over you then there will be a divorce.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back