Reporting Judges and Lawyers to be held accountable for misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordonangel

My jurisdiction is: oakland county michigan

I know most times people are held accountable for doing a bad job (unless your a CEO lol) Lawyers can be reported to the Bar association but how about judges and prosecutors who are they held accountable to? Where can you report offenses or misconduct? I have a website and I would love to do a critics on Judges and Prosecutors and I would call the shots correctly I love to watch court cases and I'm telling you some of these guys are real pips and some are pretty good but a lot are just jerks. 1. Where do you report judges or Prosecutors to a higher agency? If I want to use my website to report these infractions could I get sued if I report what they have done in court isn't it public record i.e. from transcripts etc. I recently witnessed a Judge be little and harassed a defendant in a troy Michigan court room (I was in shock) and over heard a public defender (in the same court room) tell his client hey your guilty I know it and I have too many cases to put more time in this case. The defendant had long hair I admit he looked guilty to me but int he innocent until proven guilty and doesn't the Lawyer work for him? God I hope I never need a criminal Lawyer. thanks:nuts:angel thanks you guys are my heros......

You should be clear on what you refer to as "offenses or misconduct". What is it you plan to report? For instance, prosecutorial error or misconduct per se is generally not actionable. It must have affected the outcome of the trial, or deprived the accused of a constitutional right or amounted to a deprivation of due process. What strikes you as bad behaviour by lawyers might not pass that test.

District attorneys are still attorneys and are subject to bar association discipline.

Whether and how judges are accountable depends on the type of judge - federal/state, elected/appointed, etc. Some are accountable only to their conscience. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

I can understand what you are stating and this will affect the outcome of the case. Could you tell me if and where I can report this judge. This is a district court judge 5204 and oakland count District attorney can you just tell me if there is a institution to report them and where for this area if im wrong then the institution will tell me right. I know I am right but cant tell everything right now. I have watched this before and it did affect the outcome due to pre-lims I also want to report the court appointed attorney. As I have said my hobby is court tv and court rooms I got hooked in the old oj trials yrs ago. I really want to do this. Please help me with the information. p.s. I asked the defendants attorney how could he say that to the defendant and he said hes guilty so what? I cant believe this stuff. Believe me its true. I just hate for this kid to have to appeal everything at a later date rather stop it now. Thanks for your answer asap and I am sorry I cant devulge all I know at this time but will in the future. thanks again, you guys are great....

I have no idea who you would report the judge too. I suggest you contact a newspaper - if there is a miscarriage of justice, they might be interested in publishing it.

If the verdict is wrong, the defendant can appeal. That's the way it works. I don't know of any grounds for stopping a procedure because a bystander doesn't like the way it's being conducted.

If you think the counsel are doing something wrong, feel free to complain to the law society, but I expect a complaint from the actual defendant would be taken more seriously.

If you're in Oakland County. . . most people already know this. That's why Fortinberry was "1 of the 3 worst Judges in the country" according to Reader's Digest, the prosecutor didn't run for re-election because he committed crimes, etc.

Oakland County probably has more corrupt Judges than most any other county in the entire country, and the population keeps electing them, over and over. There are already websites where people give feedback about Judges. . .

ya tell me about Judges!!, I had a judge who told an attorney that I already signed on with he could not be my attorney because the prior attorney messed my case up to badly, so I had to get another attorney, then got screwed up with him, she would NOT let him put in our evendence such as pictures etc, THEN used that in her write up when we went in for a reconcideration, she said there was no pictures etc etc, but it was cause she ruled them OUT!!, well cause the defentant was her friend to Geez

Reporting a judge

I'm in a similar boat however I'm the one being judged by the unfair judge.

I think the problem starts when a judge becomes a judge and EGO takes over. They feel above others, thus they don't feel they need to answer to anyone.

My mother was forced into a conservatorship, when I finally found out where she was she was not in the condition reported to me. In fact the lawyer and person who formed the conservatorship had obviously lied to the court. We proved that they had perjured documents and done some other dishonest things. When this was finally put in front of the judge it was all ignored. She even admitted she was aware about the "perjury" but claimed there were OTHER remedies as she put it. In fact she blocked any further discovery or subpoena's which scared off the original attorney. We'd obviously uncovered a major scam, which involved 2 million dollars and the life of an 80 year old woman.

I'm appalled at the way the judge treated this, she did not care about the life of this senior. I'm only stating this all since I understand where the other posters are coming from. Who do you contact when the judge is obviously doing something wrong? I have made contact with the presiding judge and will make my way up the chain of command. I've documented my case in great detail, included copies of evidence and made a clear and simple letter which presents what's going on. Should the judge above the problematic judge not respond or do something I'll just go the next step.

Contacting your senator, congressmen and so on. YES go to the media, don't include the parties names if legal issues worry you, but give them the story. I was told as long as it was fact and truth you could publicly expose the info.

Just my two cents, but its just too easy for a judge to cope and attitude and not give a dam about an innocent persons life.

Here in Georgia there is a Judicial Qualifications Committee that investigates misconduct by Judges and they are empowered to take action against the Judges that includes but is not limited to the ability to remove a Judge from his/her seat. The decisions of that committee are reviewable by the Georgia Supreme Court. I'm sure your State has something similar.

you report it to the state bar. I am in a situation like that. Well, not me. I got a recording from the courts and sent it to the bar for investigation. They say it's hard to win, what winning. Getting them to do do their job and be honest. Many courts need to be investigated and disipline. They will either abide or fly.

urpose of Prosecutorial Misconduct Website: To Create Opportunity for Victims of Prosecutorial Misconduct and Prosecutorial Abuse to Exchange Information, Strategies, Suggestions and Advice for Fighting Illegal Prosecutorial Tactics
This Prosecutorial Misconduct Website is a distinct segment of the Lawmall website and deals mainly with illegal practices by federal and state prosecutors throughout the United States involving "Prosecutorial Misconduct" or "Prosecutorial Abuse", phrases which refer to practices which, if "reverse-prosecuted", may be sufficient to justify dismissal of a criminal indictment (if outcome determinative) or have sanctions of some type or civil-rights liability imposed against the prosecutor.
This Prosecutorial Misconduct Website, in due course, will provide a catalog of prosecutorial misconduct or abuses (which terms, you will learn from another article in this website, are basically interchangeable) each of which can justify dismissal of an indictment or other criminal pleading.
Also, the Website will attempt to identify the prosecutors, investigators, experts and others who are trampeling on the constitutional rights of their victims to win convictions and related political and economic rewards.
Identifying prosecutorial misconduct and abuse is one thing. Doing something about it is another. This Website will discuss strategies which a victim and his/her criminal lawyer might consider to fight back.
The Website wants to interview victims and the lawyers for victims of prosecutorial misconduct, to try to put together this Website. Specifically, we are looking for the specific practices employed by prosecutors which are unconstitutional or otherwise illegal; what efforts were made by the victim's criminal attorney to offset the illegal practice; and the results of such effort.
Also, an important part of this Website is how the press interfaces with the prosecutor, and what relationship exists during the course of a criminal proceeding between the prosecutor and the press.
A most important part of the information needed by this Website are the activities of the grand jury carried out by the prosecutor, and the extent to which the prosecutor violates the secrecy requirements of the grand jury process.
The criminal process in many jurisdictions of the United States has become similar to the Internal Revenue Service in the way that citizens' rights are violated by government officials who misuse their power for various improper reasons.
This Website will try to provide useful information for victims and their lawyers who are caught up in illegal prosecutorial activities and seek some new ideas on what to do.
To accomplish this, we need the input of past and present victims, their attorneys, and persons who are willing to relate what they know from working with prosecutors, government criminal investigators, experts and even members of past grand juries (without violating their secrecy obligations).
Unless you have a specific question you would like to have answered, it is suggested that you go through this Prosecutorial Misconduct Website from one topic to the next, until you have read the entire presentation.

I have been mistreated by a magistrate judge who would not let me have my witness, but let the oppossing side have witnesses who knew nothing of the matter. I went by the clear rules to have my witness, but was still denied them. It definitely changed the outcome since I had no witness to prove the other people were perjuring themselves. Still I used there own witness against them and proved they were lying, yet all this was ignored by the judge. How do I get justice for this matter? Thanks for any help in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back