Ask a Legal Question
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I think I am exploited...

    I am on H1b visa, Sponsor of my H1b could not find me a job for more than 6 months and finally decided to hire me in his consulting company in a marketing position. First he said he will pay me $1000 a month and then dropped down to $900 a month and paid me $876 on the first month. And today he told me he has his own personal problems, his mortgage of his house and bills and asked me to work for free. when i said i simply cant do that cause i need to eat as he does, my car doesn't run on water to go to the work and he started bargaining and said he can pay me $400 a month. I think I wont be paid for this month. what do I need to file a law suit the papers and documents against him....need a suggestion please? I am in a serious problem.

    also i am in a fear that my employer might terminate my visa for going against him? so please suggest me what can i do?

    also i started working there in a mutual understanding and i have not sign any contract yet.
    Last edited by pasamba; 12-31-2008 at 01:45 AM.

  2. Super Moderator Samaritan & Scholar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Thanked 409 Times in 400 Posts
    You do not need to file a lawsuit; you only need to file a complaint with the state DOL. No, he cannot legally fire you for doing so.

Similar Threads

  1. lease signed but immediately told cant move in
    By gueswat in forum Other Residential Landlord & Tenant Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 01:26 PM

Log in

Log in