Intimidation/Harrassment using advantage of my disability (school)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abzer

My jurisdiction is: PA

I am a parochial high school student. I have emotional disabilities (anxiety attacks) that my school is *fully* aware of and has witnessed. I was recently falsely accused of claims including stalking and threatening. I had been dragged in sick the week before to be accused of all this. My mother was present that time though.

This following week, I was called to the vice-principals office. I had been about to leave school (as I drive and had to pick up my brother) when I received notice that I was to go. If I ignored the request that was sent to me, I would automatically acquire at least one weekend detention. I went down to the office, and on my way downstairs saw one of the three accusers lurking in the hallway (walking in circles, nobody else in the hallway, class in sessions, ducked when I saw him). I immediately knew that I had been called regarding these accusations, and before I entered the office of the VP, I asked her if we could hold off this meeting until the next day as I had to drive and pick up my sibling. After being witness to my panic attack the week before, they (the school counselor was unknowingly already waiting inside the office) were fully aware that I would not be able to drive and possibly even pass out if I was upset. She ignored me and ushered me inside.

I was told to sit, and presented with a "contract" agreeing to never in any way to contact or even so much as approach three teachers (only two of whom had been accusers). The contract was basically their attempt to force me into admitting that I had violated their rules and actually had stalked/threatened said people. The threat of expulsion for not signing it sent me into an immediate panic attack. It was one of the worst I have ever had as I could not even breathe. There was no attempt even so much as to call the nurse/my mom or calm me. They just watched. I attempted to leave the office (fresh air and leaving the confinement of the tiny room and their staring me down would calm me), but the VP, who happened to be farthest from the door, ran up, stuck her finger in my face, blocked the door and put her hands over the knob. She yelled at me that I wasn't going to be disrespectful to her. Meanwhile I was ready to pass out with my lack of air (I also have asthma) but I was NOT allowed to leave. They continued their accusation and expressing how disrespectful I was. I told them I had to leave for my brother and they FINALLY let me out. I clearly was not in any state to drive, yet they did not make any attempt to call for my mom or discourage me from driving home.

The ride home was dangerous and all I remember is nearly going off the road multiple times. I am scared to death they will do this to me again, and use the fact that they can get me to do anything by putting me in a panic and not allowing me help until I obey them.

Do I have a case? The school counselor WAS present at this meeting, but the school psychologist was not. My emotional problems are CLEARLY stated in my medical cards, letters sent from the doctor as well as requests for accommodations from the counseling office. The counselor had been witness to my previous panic attack at the meeting concerning these accusations, and had even told my mother to go outside and get me because I might "hurt myself". They disregarded and endangered me. I feel unsafe at school knowing they can do this to me, as well as because I am of legal age, and could be accused of assault for trying to get past a staff member or accidentally striking out with no students witness to back me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back