newspaper FronT Page error

Status
Not open for further replies.

psickick

My son was noted to be in a web of crimes and was printed to be charged with filing a fake police report fleeing the scene and larceny . Which is true .it also stated he Demanded a lawyer He did not he asked .It did not mention the accomplice's and it stated the wrong police officer that filed the report. And printed an untrue fact .I can prove. It also forgot to mention he was jumped by four men after accident, Beat pretty bad . .The whole town looks down on him now and not the other 12 teenagers involved that night.This is a small town and he has enough problems already.He is really a young man"19 who got in a terrible accident in a car with no ins. and all his passengers were on probation or would lose their kids . He was in a black out from od'ing on coriciden and alchohol bought by himself and passengers. He doesnt remember the whole night and everyone around looks at him like a jeffry dahmer . this article which is only half the story has hurt him and his three sisters in the local high school and Junior high ,hearing how bad he is and what he has done , saying he should be locked up with the key thrown away.
The sad thing is I want to know is this something he can sue over.

He can try. I don't like his chances. Much of what was printed was true. The incorrect name of the officer, while untrue, is trivial. Omitting the other facts is slanted journalism, but it isn't defamatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back