Neighbour is making false accussations

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmf75

My jurisdiction is: UK

Ok I really hope you can help me,
I have a neighbour who over the last few months has been causing problems regarding parking issues. Basically he states that me and other neighbours block his driveway. On two occassions there have been arguements with this person regarding this issue. The Neighbour concerned contacted the police who visited us on a couple of occassions with his allegations, But we had infact collected photographic eviedence to prove that it was actually the problem neighbour who was blocking other neighbours drives. As a result of this the police monitored the situation and in was shown that we were telling the truth and that this neighbour was not stating the truth so the police washed their hands of his complaint. Next thing we know we then get a letter from the Landlords of this neighbour again stating the same issues we explained that this person was fabricating the truth and met up with his landlord showing him the photos we had taken as well as witness staements from other neighbours who had been present on the 2 occassions when the arguements had taken place, we also provided them with a list of signitures from all our other neighbours verifying our long standing good reputation within our neighbourhood, Hence the landlord also washed his hands of this complaint.

So all is quiet for a while and this neighbour appeared to stand off.
I am a student at university studying healthcare,and the next thing i know i am being called to see my tutor regarding a third party complaint against me.
Low and behold the complaint was made by the same neighbour and as it turned out he had totally turned the tables and apparently he suffers from a condtion in which i speacilise in. The new complaint made against me was that on 1 of the occassions we had a dispute he stated that I had said to him, that i was at uni and that I had looked at his records and knew all about his condition. This statement was totally untrue and had never been stated to the police on any occassion during his complaints against me.
So I am now left to explain myself to the university although it has been proven that i have no access to his records and would not be able to access them (even though i havnt even attempted to). I also have eviedence from the police to prove that this allegation had never been stated before and neighbours witness statements to prove that i had never said this to this neighbour.

This person has now questioned my proffessional conduct which was previously exceptional and had violated my privacy by finding out personal details about my proffession which he had no prior knowlege of. He has no reason to have obtained my personal information and i am now worried as to how he found out all this information about me.

I need to know what legal protection i can have from this person he appears to be trying to upset my life through which ever channel he sees fit and i am worried that when the new allegations are proven to be wrong what will he do next.
What legal rights do i have plz help !!!!

This p

I don't think anyone here knows British law.

The only UK law I have been exposed to is by reading Rumpole (of the Bailey).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back