new york state worksmans comp award

Status
Not open for further replies.

jafafa

As an employer I received a notice of award hearing from the NYS workmans compensation board regarding the injury to a seventeen year old pizza delivery driver who was hurt in a auto accident and suffered 5 stiches to his forehead . His average pay was $70.00 per week and was employed about 4 weeks before the accident. The police report cited excessive speed on the part of the injured employee. My insurance carrier will not provide legal representation at the hearing since this employment is considerd illegal (not 18 years old) I was told that the award will be doubled because of the illegal nature of employment and I will be responsible for the excess award . All other aspects of this drivers employment was legal. My business is new (18 months) and struggling. I don't know what to expect in regards to the award but my financial resources are extremly limited. what type of lawyer if any should I hire to represent my company (a corporation) at the hiring and what level of award can I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back