Please Help Child In Need!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpsongirl101

My husband is not the biological father of my 7 year old son.My husband would like to adopt my son.My husband is the only daddy my son has ever known cosidering his biological dad has been in jail for 6 years of his life.
We have 2 major problems and cannot find sulotions or answers for:

#1:My sons biological father will not consent.But has not paid for tried to contact nor see my son in more than 5 years.My sons biological father also is a registed sex offender in the state of Florida.

#2:I was made to file for child support against my sons biological father more than to years ago or I would have lost my medical insurance.The child support case has not gone to court yet but will very soon.

If the child support case does go to court can my husband and I go through with the Step Parent Adoption?
Also if my sons biological father still refuses to consent to the Step Parent Adoption can we somehow go around him?

My questions I know are complex but I really need help....
Please help My son doesn't understand why he does not have my husbands name and feels out of place in our family.We just want what is best for him and to resolve this matter as quickly as we can.
Thank you for your time in this matter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back