Hurt at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennleigh84

My husband was hurt on the job and he did everything his work asked him to. First they sent him straight to a local ER and they told him that he sprained his ankle. They told him to stay off of it for a few days. He did this. Then about a month and a half after that, he was on his way into his work and before he got in his ankle gave out and he was unable to walk on it. His supervisor and HR person immediately sent him to the workers comp dr. and they filed it as a workers comp visit even though he wasn't clocked in yet. The dr said that he had resprained his ankle; however, my husband and I believe he tore something and asked for an MRI to be done. The workers comp insurance for his company denied his claim. They are making me or my insurance through my work pay for his follow up visit so that he can be released off of light duty. My husband's work is also telling him if he is not released by the end of this week they will fire him. He still doesn't feel his ankle is completely healed and after two weeks it is still giving out on him, but I don't feel we should have to pay for something he did while at work. What should we do???

File a claim at the workers compensation commission in your state. Then an arbitrator can decide if it all falls under comp. or it is personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back