can an adult child sue his CP for misuse/appropriation of their child support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss3seas

My husband of 2 years pays thousands monthly to the CP parent of his son.
They were not married or lived together. He feels he was targeted as a means for this woman to obtain an income stream for herself. We know that child support is for the maintenance of the child and that even she should be contributing to his needs. The child is with us every other weekend and one day of the week. We talk with him and my own boys about the importance of education and going to college. My husband has talked with the mother many times about putting the excess (which their should be much of each month) into savings for him. When this child reaches 18 can he sue his mom for the misappropriation of his funds? He may want to go to college and frankly he could get a PHD on the surplus of what we pay. It appears from a prior post I wrote that we cannot control her spending but does the child have the ability to sue her when he is grown?

Last edited:
Sure he can sue, but he will never win. The money never goes where it's supposed to. If he is paying more than he is ordered to, he's just throwing money away. But, nothing in law is impossible. He could file and try, but I don't think it's going to go well, sorry.

Child support threw a state is nothing more than a scam. It has nothing to do with the children, but it does have everything to do with the state making $$ off the persons involved.

He will never win. Mom is free to use the CS as she wishes. Has dad seen an attorney to see if he is paying mom an appropriate amount? Diod an attorney review the CS order before it was finalized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back