Civil Summons

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHADT

I got a civil Summons for some kind of creditcard company and they are taking me to court but I dont remember having this account. I call who they say its from and they didnt have it on file they said they have deleted it. I ask Brock & Scott law firm to validate it and all they told me is to check my credit report. What are my options??? They are sueing for 1231.24 plus interest and fees credit report says the account was opened in 2000 and on the 2 year payment history my last payment was in 5/04 then it goes 30 60 90 120 120 and then say OK on 11/04 like that was the last payment day. It looks like if that was the last payment day that the 30 60 90 ...... wouldve started over again... Thanks for any help in advance

Demand from the law firm a copy of the contract they claim you signed. If they can't provide any document that shows that you entered into an agreement. They should have this on file. If they don't provide it to you, then take a look at the complaint which should be on file. It should have some information with regard to the debt. If not, try to dismiss the case by stating that the claim provides no basis for which relief can be granted.

A friend got letters from a collection agency for this same type of credit. She requested a copy of the contract she had signed, and copies of the transactions made through this company. They didn't have them, but phoned her. At that time she told them she had no knowledge of this company and they removed it from their records and also took their rating off her credit report. She never heard from them again.

I ask the lady i talked to there to validate it and ask her to send me something that shows that I owe it i mean goodness all it takes is a piece of paper and a stamp. and the only papers i got was a civil summons and a 1/2 stack of bill of sales and some kind of card agreement. no contract i signed or anything

I ask the lady i talked to there to validate it and ask her to send me something that shows that I owe it i mean goodness all it takes is a piece of paper and a stamp. and the only papers i got was a civil summons and a 1/2 stack of bill of sales and some kind of card agreement. no contract i signed or anything

And did any of that have your signature?

No none of it had a signiture on it. and I disputed it on my credit reports and the 2 credit Bureau's that had it on them deleted it. It wasnt even on Equifax. I dont know if that helps my case any does it??

Thanks for the help!!!

Well I go to court next Wed. Thanks for all the info. and I really appreciate any info you offer between now and then if you can think of anything else that might help me out I could sure use it.:confused: ........Oh yeah will it help my case out since i disputed the charge on my credit reports and they deleted it off of them??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back