Request for medical and Financial info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fomoco8

About 6 weeks ago I hurt my back( sacroiliac) at work, I notified my employer ,, went to the recomended Doc who refered me to chiropractor that I am still seeing,, I recently received a form from the insurance company authorizing them to see all my medical records, financial info ,, and releasing them from liability if anything bad happens from them snooping around ,,,I am not collecting Comp,, I am on light duty although my employer doesnt have any so no income for me,, I have not as yet filed a Comp claim but was going to wait to see how the injury heals up,, Can the insurance company ask for all this info plus the release from liability? I am not sending them that form until I get more information on the matter,, Seems they want their cake and to eat it too.. THanks for any help, THe form is titled "Virginia Consent to obtain and release Nonpublic personal , financial, and medical information" THere is just something about it that I dont trust,

Q: Can the insurance company ask for all this info plus the release from liability?

A: Yes.

I know this is a little after the fact , Shoud I have sent in those signed forms mentioned above without consulting an attorney first? Not sure where my case is going to go but want to be covered in case it goes poorly, Thanks

I can't even remotely understand why you think that the carrier who is going to be paying you for your medical bills and time off work is not entitled to information about your medical history and financial info. Are they supposed to just take your word for it?

No, you did not harm yourself by consulting a lawyer first.

along the same line, I am on workers comp. I'm on light duty and have been refered to another Doctor. The insurance company wants ALL my medical records, not just those on the injured body part but all my medical records fo as far back as I can remember. Do they have the rights to this information. It makes sense to give them any and all info on my Knee and leg but why do they need to see more personal information and what will they do with it? BTW I'm in California if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back