how to remove my name from a lease for which I co-signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Amaudrey

Greetings of love to all.

This is my first time writing something in this forum and I am not sure if I am doing it right. What is a thread?...a topic? I came to this one because it is similar to my quandary. Recently, a non for profit organization in which I volunteered my time, used my name for a credit report to lease a house. Now I am not with the organization and would like to remove my name from it. Can someone guide me in how to do this? Also, the person in charge there created another non-for-profit company and she added my name as an employee. Originally it was only the twoo of us but later I heard that two of her relatives had come aboard and I was not informed about it. I don't think there is any activity in that company but I would also like to get out. What would anyone suggest I should do?

I hope I am doing this right and that someone responds to me with some help. Thank you.

Best regards, PA

Q: Can someone guide me in how to do this?

A:

You (to landlord): I want to remove my name from the lease. Would you take $x (your low ball figure).

Landlord: No, but I would take $x+y!

You: [You either continue negotiating till you are successful or you quit, remaining therefore on the lease.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back