Does my Ex-Landlord have the right to contact my employer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckatie21

I am currently in the USAF stationed in Massachussets. For a while I was stationed in Maine, where I was renting a property. Because of the Military Clause in my lease, I was released from my lease early September due to my re-assignment orders. At first, I had only given the landlord one week notice that I was vacating the unit, forfeiting my security deposit because I had not given 30 days. I completely understood that I had no right to argue that fact, and graciously walked away from my security deposit. However, my orders once again changed, leaving me where I was for an additional 30 days. I let my landlord know ASAP, planning on getting my security deposit back at this point. At the end of my 30 days, the landlord came to me saying she was STILL NOT going to return the security deposit to me because she did not accept the written orders I gave to her, and that she ALREADY accepted. Long story short, she kept my security deposit, I transferred to Mass, and now she is saying that I am still in my lease until it would originally terminate. The part that gets me is she ALREADY, IN WRITTING, released me from my lease, and kept my security deposit. She has been contacting my Command and slandering my name to my supperiors in hopes to collect a false debt. I have been formaly reprimanded by my command for this matter. My question is then this, Does my ex-landlord have the right to contact my employer, the USAF, to collect a debt that I do not owe???

Q: Does my ex-landlord have the right to contact my employer, the USAF, to collect a debt that I do not owe?

A: Yes. This is America. She can talk to anybody.

You obviosly did not read my question! Does she have to the right to contact my Command TO COLLECT A DEBT THAT I DO NOT OWE??? She simply can not call my employer (whom I have been reprimanded for due to this matter) to collect money which I DO NOT OWE HER?????? Yes, this is America, and she can call my commad, but i don't believe she can contact them in hopes to collect money! Personal advice, people come here to seek advice to the QUESTIONS THEY ASK, maybe you should take more time in answering them. If you are so unhappy with this simple job you have, you should do us all a favor and leave it for someone else to do, someone who will take the proper time needed to give a well thoughout response.

Q: You obviosly did not read my question! Does she have to the right to contact my Command TO COLLECT A DEBT THAT I DO NOT OWE???

A: Yes.

Q: How does she have that right??? This is the United States Air Force..... not Wal-Mart!

A: This is America. She can talk to anybody.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Senior Judge.... Do you hate your life??? I'm going to excerise my right in America and say "Fuck you" you are NO help to ANYONE here!!!

Senior Judge.... Do you hate your life??? I'm going to excerise my right in America and say "Fuck you" you are NO help to ANYONE here!!!

Thanks!:angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back