Insurance Points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaVictim

Got a ticket for doing 79 on highway 280 in CA with a speed limit on 65. Looked at the DMV website and this appears to be 1 point on your license. I saw on another post a reference to 4 insurance points which mean a 90% increase in inurance premiums? There was also a reference to asking for less than 9 miles over the speed limit as a reduction... Is there a reference chart for "insurance points"? Does this apply to CA? I got a ticket a year ago and did traffic school so I can't take it again since it's been less than 18 months. Trying to avoid or minimize an insurance increase. BTW, 79 is considered average on HW280 and I was in the "slow" lane at the time! This is my commute to work and my usual speed for the last 3 years. I rarely see anyone pulled over for sppeding and when I do I always thought it must be one of the drivers going over 80... I'll have to do 65 now but risk getting rear ended!

If you are referencing one of my posts -- this applies to North Carolina where there is a separate points system for insurance. I'm not aware of any other state that has a separate insurance points system (and would not recommend it be duplicated anywhere else...).

There are others here who know for CA. Or call your insurance company to find out how much damage could be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back